• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much more growth is in these ASM issues?

24 posts in this topic

It feels like they all took a pretty big jump in price recently.  When prices spike like that, a few buyers and a lot of speculators play chicken with each other, buying from one another at increasing prices until they dont think they can flip it anymore.  We've hit that cap, so prices are likely to correct down or stagnate, rather than go up in the near future.  Long term?  Man-Wolf is the odd man out, they rest should continue to grow.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:29 AM, KCOComics said:

It is a great story...and I also love the history around it. Stan wasn't aware of it and had to face a bunch of angry fans. 

Hey, that's right. He was off on a business trip, in a hurry and gave Conway the thumbs up to kill her off.

"Have a good trip, Stan!"
"Yeah."
"Can we use your office while you are gone?"
"Yeah."
"Can we take turns using your parking space?"
"Yeah."
"Can we kill Gwen Stacy?"
"What? Haha. Yeah. Why not?"

4.png

On 11/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Well said! The people pushing the prices up are not the same people who will actually want to own those comics in years to come, they are speculators and hopefully will have moved onto other investments. The die hards who love the comics for what they are, comics, will still have them and/or will continue to trade them with other genuine collectors. Maybe I'm naive. But I'm a comics guy not a money guy. Always will be.

Then I have to ask, what are you doing in this thread.

#121,122,129 are Blue Chips that in long term will appreciate. Huge 9.8 and 9.6 population books like ASM 361 are questionable if they can sustain. Won't take much of demand drop for that to occur and has since late Sept it's pretty much down 1/3. I see it easily giving up another 1/3 of that. Long term I feel 361 will stagnate.

#124 nice book , but yeah if Werewolf is in the MCU then Man-Wolf is redundant. Nice cover and era but at best it will remain a very minor "key"

Someone mentioned Ditko issues, in long term no average collector will be able to touch them in 9.2 or above. Get'em while u can.

Edited by MAR1979