• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Interest Loan Suggestions
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys really hoping I can lean on my fellow Poke-brethren for some advice...

So here's the deal. My credit card keeps getting charged, over and over and over again for my CGC submissions. But the cards I am being charged for aren't shipping back to me. Because I am not an ultra-high net worth individual, I am seeking alternative options namely in the form of a personal loan with an interest rate below 5%. This way, I can keep paying CGC to not return cards to me, while also not becoming homeless in the process. WIN/WIN. 

To give some color, I'm almost out of top ramen which has been my primary food source, but thankfully my local food bank knows me by name at this point so I can get help there from a caloric-intake perspective. 

As for other living expenses, that's really where this small loan will help build up some personal cash reserves while my cards sit in the greatest bottleneck in United States history, which is also known as the CGC Shipping Department. 

Any suggestions? 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:01 AM, PokemanDude90 said:

Hey guys really hoping I can lean on my fellow Poke-brethren for some advice...

So here's the deal. My credit card keeps getting charged, over and over and over again for my CGC submissions. But the cards I am being charged for aren't shipping back to me. Because I am not an ultra-high net worth individual, I am seeking alternative options namely in the form of a personal loan with an interest rate below 5%. This way, I can keep paying CGC to not return cards to me, while also not becoming homeless in the process. WIN/WIN. 

To give some color, I'm almost out of top ramen which has been my primary food source, but thankfully my local food bank knows me by name at this point so I can get help there from a caloric-intake perspective. 

As for other living expenses, that's really where this small loan will help build up some personal cash reserves while my cards sit in the greatest bottleneck in United States history, which is also known as the CGC Shipping Department. 

Any suggestions? 

Is this for real? 

If you're spending money you don't have on Pokémon cards and on grading them and then accessing charities like the food bank you're abusing the system.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, thehumantorch said:

Is this for real? 

If you're spending money you don't have on Pokémon cards and on grading them and then accessing charities like the food bank you're abusing the system.

I have 3 main priorities in my life (in order of most important first)

1. paying CGC well in advance of my cards shipping back to me thus causing financial strain in other parts of my life
  2. keeping my family fed and housed
  3. balling out on Pokemon cards relentlessly flexing daily

If I need a little help here and there to make sure these priorities are met is that really such a bad thing? 

On 10/22/2021 at 12:16 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

I have 3 main priorities in my life (in order of most important first)

1. paying CGC well in advance of my cards shipping back to me thus causing financial strain in other parts of my life
  2. keeping my family fed and housed
  3. balling out on Pokemon cards relentlessly flexing daily

If I need a little help here and there to make sure these priorities are met is that really such a bad thing? 

All good then

Blackstone should start it's own credit card. Imagine getting 18% interest on all those packages sitting in the processing areas. 

Just remember that whatever temporary pain your family goes thru will all be worthwhile when you get your cards back in those beautiful cases.