• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Labeling Unpublished Pieces
1 1

7 posts in this topic

If you were to see this piece at auction would you assume it is a published page? Is there an expectation that this be labeled as a preliminary or unpublished piece? I bought this with seconds left on a whim assuming it was published (shame on me - first time I’ve bought a piece without going to see the published page and of course I’m going to pay). It’s only $100 with shipping but I feel a little ripped off that it wasn’t in the listing that it was an unpublished prelim. However if that’s not for Comic Link to reveal then I’m just dead wrong and willing to admit it. Thanks. 

1A53593F-1C5F-4CD2-96B2-26A692B1E7E4.jpeg

2557196A-A46C-49BC-B2AA-3210811048A3.jpeg

I appreciate all of the replies, thank you.  It is most definitely not a prelim, so thanks for that correction.  To me it actually looks like the panel I bought was made afterward because of all the black notations in the bottom 2/3 of the panel, almost like to indicate it was only the top panel that was being replaced.  And yes, what I posted was exactly how it was labeled on the website when it was for auction - no other information.

Unfortunately I contacted Comic Link and they've decided to ignore me on this matter.  I sent an initial email with my question about published vs. unpublished and they quickly replied with another image file of a page from another X-men book that was nothing like the one I bought, claiming it was the published version of what I purchased.  I wrote them back and said they were mistaken and that was the last I heard, which was on Tuesday (they guarantee 24 hour responses to all emails).  I've called once (didn't leave a message) and tried one more email.  The deadline to pay is today, so I'll pay and move on.

Caveat Emptor! Shame on me and lesson learned.