• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free grader's notes with Premium Membership
4 4

12 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Boardies,

I received an email to renew my CGC Premium membership. I could possibly save $21 off submission fees over the next year. The blurb mentions "Free grader's notes with your comic book submissions". I thought that graders notes are included anyway with new submissions to CGC. Can anyone provide clarification?  Thanks

On 10/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, Lightning55 said:

You can get a FREE Membership.  You do not have to have a paid membership.  The free one does NOT include grader notes.

To be honest most of the time neither do the paid, as they rarely put much if any notes.  :facepalm:

On 10/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

To be honest most of the time neither do the paid, as they rarely put much if any notes.  :facepalm:

Reading through the post I was waiting for someone to say it.

+1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:08 AM, Doctor Dositheus said:

Attn:  Mr. Blackstone

If Blackstone is looking to expand revenue, one place would be increase sales of graders notes.

One way to increase sales of graders notes would be to insist graders take better notes.

The graders are in on the revenue generating like a Judge who's in on generating revenue for the state which is why they don't dismiss traffic tickets, only reduce them 

My last few submissions, I’ve been getting notes on the 9.8s! Has that happened to anyone before? It scared me at first when I saw it because I thought maybe they weren’t actually 9.8s and there was a bug in the system. I know that a 9.8 isn’t perfect so of course they notice something but I’m basically just saying that maybe the new hires are overdoing it now and taking notes on everything. 

On 12/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, DocSaum said:

My last few submissions, I’ve been getting notes on the 9.8s! Has that happened to anyone before? It scared me at first when I saw it because I thought maybe they weren’t actually 9.8s and there was a bug in the system. I know that a 9.8 isn’t perfect so of course they notice something but I’m basically just saying that maybe the new hires are overdoing it now and taking notes on everything. 

I dunno.  I just got back an order of 8 books, and only the two books under 9.0 (one was 8.5, the other 8.0) had grader notes.  The 9.0, 9.4, 9.6, and 9.8 books didn't have any accompanying notes.  

Who's to say what's going on?