• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Al Williamson Hand Colored Flash Gordon Art Prints
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi there - I'm looking for Al Williamson Flash Gordon prints, particularly those put out by the NCS Portfolio of fine comic art. Either in the original black and white or the hand colored variants that exist. For the Space Soldiers one, I am only interested in the full length print, not the truncated/cropped one.

Please feel free to comment on this thread or reach out to me directly.

Thanks so much!

Al Williamson Flash-2.jpg

Al-Williamson-Flash-Gordon.jpg

Al-Williamson-Flash-Gordon-Colored.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 10:48 PM, Ecclectica said:

Thanks so much for responding! I had run across those, but was hoping to find the one for cheaper and the full (non cropped) version of the other, but it's always good to have a safety net :)

On 10/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Thanks so much for responding! I had run across those, but was hoping to find the one for cheaper and the full (non cropped) version of the other, but it's always good to have a safety net :)

Yes.

These are magnificient samples of A.W. multiples skills. This guy is a legend ! (too bad I have only original inks from him in my collection, but on 3 different pencillers, I must consider myself lucky already !)

There is also a smaller (16" x 5") Al Williamson Flash Gordon print which is titled "At the City in Ruins".  This was apparently issued in the late 1970s by Rosebud Productions, based upon Williamson's line art from the 1950s.  There are signed and numbered versions in black and white (in an edition of 100) and color (hand-colored by Williamson; in an edition of 50).  Here is the colored version (#4/50). 

20211029_103709.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Captain Calamity said:

There is also a smaller (16" x 5") Al Williamson Flash Gordon print which is titled "At the City in Ruins".  This was apparently issued in the late 1970s by Rosebud Productions, based upon Williamson's line art from the 1950s.  There are signed and numbered versions in black and white (in an edition of 100) and color (hand-colored by Williamson; in an edition of 50).  Here is the colored version (#4/50). 

20211029_103709.jpg

Yes! Astonishingly, I recently grabbed the black and white print of this on ebay for $9! It's my least favorite of the three, but still a delight to look at. I found out recently that Albert Moy owns the original art in his personal collection. I certainly wouldn't turn down a colored version if anyone has one for sale. :)

On 10/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Captain Calamity said:

20211029_103709.jpg

Yes, I published the portfolio “Life on Other Worlds” in 1977, which included this Williamson. 
I don’t  remember Williamson coloring all 50. Maybe 10.