• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

327 posts in this topic

Dune Part 2 Begins Production In July, Florence Pugh Casting Officially Announced

Dune Part 2 is the upcoming sequel to the popular star-studded film that released last year. The Denis Villeneuve film was highly anticipated prior to its release and the sequel will no doubt be in the same boat as the director looks to gear up for another outing.

The first film starred Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, Rebecca Fergusson, Jason Momoa, Josh Brolin, and Dave Bautista and they made sure to not hold back when it came to bringing notable names together. Some of these characters have met their end in the first film so it's safe to say that Dune Part 2 will bring some new faces. Many actors have recently expressed interest in joining the cast.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

The bridge fight where he cuts the guy in half was hardcore!

It's so good, and just to make sure to give credit where credit is due: the actor for any of the headless scenes was Ray Park (Darth Maul). Still 100% badass to get a combined Park/Walken role like this :D 

Now, Bardem has provided an early reaction to Villeneuve’s sequel -script. According to Bardem, while the new -script does generally adhere to the book’s plot, the way that the film is stitched together will nonetheless “surprise” fans. Barden speaks confidently about Villeneuve’s capabilities to adapt the -script, praising his work in the first Dune film. According to Comicbook, Bardem found himself “moved” by the -script’s story arc and unique way of connecting the various facets of the Dune universe. Check out his full quotation below: 

"I've read the new draft and I think they've done an amazing job of putting together the pieces in a way that is gonna surprise people. They won't be surprised [by what happens], obviously, because they've read the book, but they'll be surprised by the way they put it together. I was very moved by it. It's a movie that is full, and you can feel the weight of it, and at the same time [you can enjoy] the spectacularity of it. [I can't wait] to go back to the desert with those people, and I'm so happy to go back with Denis, who is one of the greatest directors ever. He's a lovely man."

On 5/29/2022 at 2:18 AM, Bosco685 said:

The rhetoric machine is cranked up pretty high these days.   There 's not a single negative, or even ambivalent comment from actors these days.   They're all giddy with excitement about the film, the director, the -script, equal opportunity, wielding a kris knife in ritualistic combat,  representing a repressed planetary indigenous population, etc etc.

It's hard to take one actors word over another.  Barden might be quite accurate here, but it's lost in the sea of sycophantic voices.