• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 8:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

I have not heard someone use that term since playing X-Box live around 15 years ago lol 

I think it was the Scots... 

and NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE curses like the Scots. 

I am Scottish. (thumbsu

On 11/3/2021 at 5:02 PM, DR.X said:

You obviously never sat at a dinner table with Italians.

lol Yes, it can be quite interesting... 

Get me seriously annoyed and I go from an educated person to an <spoon'ing> edjumicated person with some very very dark thoughts as to what should have to you. 

#DeathonChristmas

On 11/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, DR.X said:

You obviously never sat at a dinner table with Italians.

First time I finished the Sopranos, I was so impressed with their culture I decided to learn Italian. Their profanities are the best. :cloud9:

On 11/3/2021 at 2:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol Yes, it can be quite interesting... 

Get me seriously annoyed and I go from an educated person to an <spoon'ing> edjumicated person with some very very dark thoughts as to what should have to you. 

#DeathonChristmas

Buzz becomes Grata Non Persona fast at these dinners.

Edited by kav

On 11/4/2021 at 6:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

I think it was the Scots... 

and NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE curses like the Scots. 

Australia says hello, mate. We can put those Scots in their place. 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Australia says hello, mate. We can put those Scots in their place. 

No.

No you can't lol 

I have heard things in that Scottish accent that made me blush and go 'WOW' and I didn't even fully understand it. lol 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:32 AM, Buzzetta said:

No.

No you can't lol 

I have heard things in that Scottish accent that made me blush and go 'WOW' and I didn't even fully understand it. lol 

Yeah, we had 3 Scots take down our group one night out. Tore through us. It was hilarious once you started to understand what they were saying and the rhythm of it all. Really fun night. 

On 11/4/2021 at 1:32 AM, Buzzetta said:

No.

No you can't lol 

On 11/4/2021 at 1:39 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Yeah, we had 3 Scots take down our group one night out. Tore through us. It was hilarious once you started to understand what they were saying and the rhythm of it all. Really fun night. 

On 11/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, DR.X said:

Old pic of me and the old man. I could start a whole thread about him and my uncles, 100% dago's.  They never talked English at parties or holidays. They never wanted you to know what they were talking about. Not a pleasant upbringing. He'd be in jail these days. Last month on Sept 29th, he turned 100 years old. He's the last one.

tony zona 1 001 (3).jpg

And yet somehow you still looked at the guy with that look on your face. Bittersweet is a good word I guess.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

First time I finished the Sopranos, I was so impressed with their culture I decided to learn Italian. Their profanities are the best. :cloud9:

:whatthe:

How far did you go?  Are you fluent?

On 11/5/2021 at 1:54 AM, 500Club said:

:whatthe:

How far did you go?  Are you fluent?

I wasn't too bad at all. I had a few Italian associates a few years ago, and I could get by fairly well. Not had much chance to speak it over the last few years. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:18 PM, VintageComics said:

Kav, I missed this post. It's not a red-herring. I have first hand experience in this and am probably a bit better versed than the average Joe on the topic because of it.

There is a correlation and a lot of material that links the rise of social media and certain features of social media with self harm in kids and young adults.

There can be some very large differences in the ways that people and more specifically men and women deal with trauma.

There are also differences between physical and emotional trauma and they often can manifest differently.

We can discuss it via PM in detail if you want. 

just saw this-I agree trauma can be emotional.  but i'm just saying emotional trauma/bullying backed up by vicious physical beatings is even worse-and thats what we dealt with when I was a teen.  No one cut themselves over it.