• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

a few people said they don't post due to comments/cool kids vibe but many more seemed to say it is due to no need/too busy/etc.

This is an odd thread, I thought it might be parody. 

I'm watching Doom Patrol with wifey (season 1, she finally thought it looked interesting and now loves it, I watched season 1 already) but she is at the quick check getting milk so I came and saw this, and said this.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, CAHokie said:

In the spirit of the thread, I would say to those hesitant to post, dont be. Everyone brings something to the table. Some more than others but so what. Enjoy the board and have fun!

+1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:42 PM, ThothAmon said:

Truthfully, I write a lot of posts that I never hit send. I try to follow the adage “better to be thought the fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

I've done this two or three times in this thread alone. You can only imagine the wisdom I was ready to spew!

I am equal parts bear, poker-of-the-bear, and bear-whisperer. I try to spread it out among the latter two online but it gets hard.

Yes it does. :devil:

Edited by Bird

members that want to post will find an area of interest in the forum and do so if they so choose. I think the more seasoned members of the forum are not always as welcoming as they could be. You get what you give. I lurked for many years when the boards began but decided to go guns ablazing a few years back just because I thought it was time.

I don't post alot in many threads because I don't know alot of boardies personally, like it seems many here do, and I feel out of place sometimes. I think this is mostly just a personal problem, but it would be nice to meet more people IRL. That shouldn't be necessary to feel comfortable on an internet forum, of course.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:48 PM, Funnybooks said:

members that want to post will find an area of interest in the forum and do so if they so choose. I think the more seasoned members of the forum are not always as welcoming as they could be. You get what you give. I lurked for many years when the boards began but decided to go guns ablazing a few years back just because I thought it was time.

Geez, I thought it was after I joined the fun last year…:sorry:

On 10/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, speedcake said:

I don't post alot in many threads because I don't know alot of boardies personally, like it seems many here do, and I feel out of place sometimes. I think this is mostly just a personal problem, but it would be nice to meet more people IRL. That shouldn't be necessary to feel comfortable on an internet forum, of course.

I like you Cake

On 10/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, speedcake said:

Back when I first joined, I met a bunch at some forum convention dinners as well as some local cons. It would be great if that became a thing again.