• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 1 Spine Stress
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I think the defect in the picture I posted is related to bindery defects but I'm wondering how much this will drop my grade. Other than this the book is in absolutely amazing shape. Thanks in advance for any help.

20211027_005524.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 7:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Possibly a MFG defect from the cover-folding process.

I see. The pic looks worse than what it is in real life as I zoomed I really close. It's probably about 2mm in length along the spine. I checked my other books and they have similar spine wear Iike this if not as pronounced. Will that factor into grading

On 10/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, TCan said:

I see. The pic looks worse than what it is in real life as I zoomed I really close. It's probably about 2mm in length along the spine. I checked my other books and they have similar spine wear Iike this if not as pronounced. Will that factor into grading

If it is a common MFG defect, then it will not affect grade.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Can we get pics of the whole book?

Yes and no. The book is in a mylar bag and there's a tamper seal on it. It just happened to ship split like that so I took a pic of it. I will try to nab shots in the bag when I'm home.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Can we get pics of the whole book?

Whoops, hadn't thought that through. I forgot I already packed it up for grading and my wife dropped it off already by the time I got home. Unfortunately no pics available of the rest of the book. Sorry!

On 10/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, TCan said:

Whoops, hadn't thought that through. I forgot I already packed it up for grading and my wife dropped it off already by the time I got home. Unfortunately no pics available of the rest of the book. Sorry!

Well then, you will find out the answer to your question in a couple of month's (?). When it comes back Please let us know what CGC determined.