• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Once you submission reaches Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, how much longer until you can see the grade?

20 posts in this topic

probably depends on tier and how busy they are.  It varies.  

On 10/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, Ladic said:

how many days from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, when you can actually see the grade online?

Unfortunately moving to G/E/I on lower or standard tiers means nothing lately. Lucky folks a couple days, most folks weeks or months. 

Sorry. 

I can only speak to a recent Express tier submission.

Aug 23:
CGC received my books.

Aug 24:
CCS received them for pressing.

Oct 25:
Pressing complete. Sent for grading/encapsulation/image. (42 working days).

Nov 1:
At Grading/Quality Control.

Nov 2- Shipped.  Grades viewable online.  Images not emailed yet but I understand they are very busy these days.

Edited by Superbud
Forgot to mention that images will be emailed after items are shipped.

I understand that CGC is overwhelmed with submissions.  However, I do have to question how a CGC SS submission received in July is still with CGC encapsulation process (going on two months) while a CGC SS submission from August has already been delivered back to me.  Do they not grade the books in the order received, or am I missing something?  Not mad or frustrated, just concerned about my submissions. 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, Justin Marshall said:

I understand that CGC is overwhelmed with submissions.  However, I do have to question how a CGC SS submission received in July is still with CGC encapsulation process (going on two months) while a CGC SS submission from August has already been delivered back to me.  Do they not grade the books in the order received, or am I missing something?  Not mad or frustrated, just concerned about my submissions. 

There have been some recent shipments with unusually fast turnarounds. Based on a few comments from CGC personnel, the general belief is that those shipments were selected into a pilot program testing a faster turnaround process.

Everything else should still be proceeding apace normally.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, rexinnih said:

For what seemed like 2 - 3 weeks at least. One of my in house signature series just moved from GEI to Grading/QC. Now let's see how long this takes. 

Which artist? I've got Lee, Young, Silvestri, Sienkiewicz all with no moment. 😥

On 11/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 11/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, rexinnih said:

For what seemed like 2 - 3 weeks at least. One of my in house signature series just moved from GEI to Grading/QC. Now let's see how long this takes. 

Which artist? I've got Lee, Young, Silvestri, Sienkiewicz all with no moment. 😥

Update: Young & Lee both went to G/QC today. Silvestri is still G/E/I, Sienkiewicz is still "Recieved at CCS"

How quickly have you guys been seeing the Grading / Quality Control step take you? I just had a 3 book submission take maybe 48hours, but I have another batch that has now hit 72hours....feels very random indeed. I can't help myself as I've been waiting on this order for a year now for CCS pressing and I find myself checking status every 30 minutes in hopes of finally seeing the outcome of waiting that long.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, NumminzAK said:

How quickly have you guys been seeing the Grading / Quality Control step take you? I just had a 3 book submission take maybe 48hours, but I have another batch that has now hit 72hours....feels very random indeed. I can't help myself as I've been waiting on this order for a year now for CCS pressing and I find myself checking status every 30 minutes in hopes of finally seeing the outcome of waiting that long.

Can't believe this thread wasn't pointed out already.  Use that as a reference.