• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Sized Charlotte Mini Con, nov 6-7
1 1

53 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 11:19 AM, AmazingComics413 said:

Any specific reason why people were turned away?

The show required a vax card, or even an image of a vax card on a smart phone. They even had a rapid test available, but I believe it cost $40.00.

We were very blessed that we sold a lot of books. But crowd was very underwhelming versus expectations. I heard the same that folks were turned away by the convention center staff if they didn’t meet covid requirements. 

I attended the show on both days.  Saturday by myself and Sunday with my kids.  I didn't make any big purchases, was mostly looking for $1 books.  Plenty of those available with no waiting.  It was refreshing as a buyer to be able to spread out and not have someone breathing all over you when digging through boxes, but I heard many dealers frustrated with the poor turnout, and I can't blame them.  Earl Shaw had a great selection of $2 & $5 books as usual and many other dealers had a great selection of $1 and $0.50 books.  I went back Sunday with the kids and they loved the cheap Funko Pops. By the time we left on Sunday around noon there were easily more sellers, artists and people working the booths than there were attendees.  The proof of vaccination/negative COVID test was absolutely the reason for the poor turnout, the Panthers game on Sunday didn't help either.  I am still excited for Heroes in June.  Hopefully all the sellers return too.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, jimjum12 said:

Sheldon probably would have been better served by calling it something other than "Mini". I had no idea this was a proper Heroe's Convention. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

this wasn't a Heroe's con...it was a bigger version of his mini con...

On 11/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, G.A.tor said:

this wasn't a Heroe's con...it was a bigger version of his mini con...

If you, Steve, and Dale were there, it's more than "Mini" :x GOD BLESS....

On 11/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, jimjum12 said:

If you, Steve, and Dale were there, it's more than "Mini" :x GOD BLESS....

don't forget Bedrock and harley! but that's why it was a "giant" version of the mini con...but it lacked most other major dealers that attend Heroes Like Reece and Storms, etc

Edited by G.A.tor

On 11/9/2021 at 1:22 PM, G.A.tor said:

don't forget Bedrock and harley! but that's why it was a "giant" version of the mini con...but it lacked most other major dealers that attend Heroes Like Reece and Storms, etc

I wish I had realized ... but money is tight now, so it may have just been an exercise in futility for me. I still want to figure out a way to hit your new place. It would be a beautiful drive right now. GOD BLESS...

On 11/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, jimjum12 said:

I wish I had realized ... but money is tight now, so it may have just been an exercise in futility for me. I still want to figure out a way to hit your new place. It would be a beautiful drive right now. GOD BLESS...

it is lovely right now...reminder Im closing store dec 23rd (for  good)...so store continues to get sparser and sparser as things sell, if you are going to make a trip

On 11/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, G.A.tor said:

it is lovely right now...reminder Im closing store dec 23rd (for  good)...so store continues to get sparser and sparser as things sell, if you are going to make a trip

Didn't know that.... are you retiring ? GOD BLESS....

On 11/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, G.A.tor said:

Why are you closing the store for good?

Hope you’re doing well Rick!