• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios' THUNDERBOLTS movie (2024)
1 1

47 posts in this topic

Back at Comic-Con, Disney & Marvel Studios revealed that a Thunderbolts movie would be hitting theatres on July 26th, 2024, and now, at D23, we’ve gotten an official cast list. Sebastian Stan leads the adventure as The Winter Soldier and Florence Pugh’s Yelena Belova, aka the new Black Widow. Her adopted dad, David Harbour’s Red Guardian, is along for the ride, as is Olga Kurylenko’s Taskmaster, but the rest of the team is where it gets really interesting. Wyatt Russell’s John Walker (aka US Agent) from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, and Hannah John Kamen’s Ghost from Ant-Man and the Wasp make up the rest of the team. At the D23 panel, Stan joked about Winter Soldier is the most stable member of the group.

Steven Yeun, who more than a decade ago broke out as part of the biggest show on TV, is now joining the biggest film franchise of all time. The former The Walking Dead star has been cast in Marvel Studios’ Thunderbolts, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Yeun’s role is being kept under wraps, but it said to be key. Like all Marvel castings, it could extend into other projects.

Thunderbolts focuses on Marvel’s shady characters. The roster teased at last year’s D23 include Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier) David Harbour (Red Guardian), Wyatt Russell (US Agent), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Valentina Allegra de Fontaine). The Bear‘s Ayo Edebiri is also among the cast.

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/23/2023 at 12:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm not that familiar with Thunderbolts, but I absolutely love Steven Yeun. I wonder who he will play?

Hope they don't kill him off (brutally) like in another awesome franchise we know too well lol 

‘Thunderbolts’: ‘Beef’ Creator Lee Sung Jin Steps In As Scribe For Marvel Pic

https://deadline.com/2023/03/thunderbolts-lee-sung-jin-replaces-eric-pearson-as-screenwriter-1235313186/

they got rid of the hack who 'wrote' Black Widow, so i guess that's good and Beef is high on my to be watched list due to glowing reviews

Edited by paperheart

On 3/29/2023 at 4:26 PM, paperheart said:

‘Thunderbolts’: ‘Beef’ Creator Lee Sung Jin Steps In As Scribe For Marvel Pic

https://deadline.com/2023/03/thunderbolts-lee-sung-jin-replaces-eric-pearson-as-screenwriter-1235313186/

they got rid of the hack who 'wrote' Black Widow, so i guess that's good and Beef is high on my to be watched list due to glowing reviews

I'm usually reluctant to say this, but he couldn't be worse.  Right?