• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A super find!
6 6

156 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, shadroch said:

No, it doesn't. The card was misprinted. What is labeled as white was wrong, as is every other designation.  It is worthless. Worth than worthless if you think it is accurate. 

As with everything else in this hobby you are entitled to your opinion, but "worthless" is an assessment you are making, and obviously not literally true as they continue to sell the card for money.  Again as a basic sense of what is meant by "white" in this hobby it is a start, and better than having nothing as a reference.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:28 AM, Joe Peck said:

As with everything else in this hobby you are entitled to your opinion, but "worthless" is an assessment you are making, and obviously not literally true as they continue to sell the card for money.  Again as a basic sense of what is meant by "white" in this hobby it is a start, and better than having nothing as a reference.

One can lead a newbie to the fountain of knowledge, but you can't make him drink. Please continue to use the card. It will be perfect for you. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, Joe Peck said:

I sent it in today.  We'll see :D

Order.jpg

I'm curious how you arrived at the $50 FMV for the Cap?  If you seriously think it is a 9.0+ then would it not be worth more than that?  Earlier in thread I cited a couple of GPA results.  A recent 9.2 sale for $80.  I realize $30 is not a big deal and doesn't impact insurance coverage much if any but I really am curious what sources you used.  

And if I were you, I wouldn't have posted my address, telephone number and account number,  I will be more than happy to edit my post and remove the quote if you wish to edit yours.

And I may have missed it but what grades are you thinking on the other two books?

Good luck.

Edited by telerites

On 10/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, telerites said:

I'm curious how you arrived at the $50 FMV for the Cap?  If you seriously think it is a 9.0+ then would it not be worth more than that?  Earlier in thread I cited a couple of GPA results.  A recent 9.2 sale for $80.  I realize $30 is not a big deal and doesn't impact insurance coverage much if any but I really am curious what sources you used.  

And if I were you, I wouldn't have posted my address, telephone number and account number,  I will be more than happy to edit my post and remove the quote if you wish to edit yours.

And I may have missed it but what grades are you thinking on the other two books?

Good luck.

He said he doesn’t care if his info is on the post because you can find it online anyway. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, telerites said:

Good luck.

I don’t believe it’s a 9, but I think there is a very slim chance the clean and press MIGHT bring it up to a 9 IF the press takes out the spine bends and the cover color is considered normal.  I don’t see that as likely but maybe.

Anyways, the last lowest CGC sale was 2018 8.5 for $50, the only current CGC is a 9.0 and they are asking $250 and then on EBay there are 15 Raws listed ranging from $10 to $57 and I believe mine to be in better condition than the best Raw currently offered on EBay hence the $50 guess.  Of course I have no interest in selling but I had to put something so that’s how I came up with the number.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312652523472

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294093913385?hash=item44795cfd29:g:kG8AAOSw34hgY5sP

Edited by Joe Peck

On 10/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, 2Sunny said:

Looks like my first test will get done pretty quick.  I sent a box of 10 comics (that I intend to sell) in last week and they are already opened and being scheduled for grading.  Here's my guess for each:

Action Comics 261 - 4.0

Action Comics 263 - 4.5

Adventure Comics 260 - 5.5

Brave And Bold 36 - 6.0

Brave and Bold 44 - 6.5

Detective Comics 272 - 3.5

Detective Comics 277 - 5.0

Detective Comics 278 - 4.0

Justice League 5 - 4.0

Justice League 13 - 5.5

test1.jpg

And here are the results of my first test.  I over graded 2 out of 10.  Not too hard to learn how to grade, but folks here think it's some kind of magic.

test.1.jpg

Edited by 2Sunny

Here's the data in a more digestible format. 

Expectations vs Reality 

Book 1. Predicted: 4.0 Actual: 4.5 Result: 1 point UNDER. 

2. P: 4.5 A: 5.0. R: 1 point UNDER. 

3. P: 5.5. A: 4.5. R: 2 points OVER. 

4. P:6.0 A: 6.0 R: ACCURATE. 

5. P: 6.5 A: 7.5 R: 2 points UNDER.

6. P: 3.5 A: 4.0 R: 1 point UNDER. 

7. P: 5.0 A: 6.0 R: 2 points UNDER. 

8. P: 4.0 A: 5.0 R: 2 points UNDER. 

9. P. 4.0 A: 4.5 R: 1 point UNDER. 

10. P: 5.5 A: 5.0 R: 1 point OVER. 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, 2Sunny said:

And here are the results of my first test.  I over graded 2 out of 10.  Not too hard to learn how to grade, but folks here think it's some kind of magic.

test.1.jpg

Well done, especially considering it's your first submission. Much better to under grade than over grade...within reason. Also, don't let the negativity of some of the boardies get to you. There are some good people here.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, 2Sunny said:

test.1.jpg

Congrats on the sub and dialing in so close to the final grades given.  As far as any “magic” is concerned, I think many find the difficulty is in discerning a 9.0 from a 9.2, 9.2 from 9.4, etc.. The higher end grades often seem more difficult to pin down accurately. 2c

On 7/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, 2Sunny said:

Hmm.  It came back a 9.0 so what say you all now.

I say I need to see pics of that slab and if true amazing and congratulations and glad I was wrong!