• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scammed by Hotshotcomics.com
5 5

38 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 10:11 AM, Lightning55 said:

If you paid by credit card, the cc company may be able to help you out.

I paid through paypal and the time was up already. I was going to look into disputing with the card attached to paypal, but if they reverse the charge I don't know how paypal would react.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, Xenuprime said:

I paid through paypal and the time was up already. I was going to look into disputing with the card attached to paypal, but if they reverse the charge I don't know how paypal would react.

If the credit card company initiates a chargeback, PayPal just complies.  They have big boy pants on, so they can take the hit based on their gigantic presence. 

I have never heard of anyone experiencing any bad effects from PayPal, such as retribution, for pursuing their right to get what they paid for.  Doesn't mean it will happen, but credit card companies have a lot of power.

PayPal may try to ding the seller in response.  And sometimes they just absorb it (reimburse the buyer and give the seller a pass).  It depends a lot on the circumstances and the amount in dispute.

I been scammed by this person too. Karma sucks and I hope it comes for this hotshotcomics guy. He scammed me on a pre-order from 2020 and every time I asked how my book was making out he called me immature lol. eBay and PayPal have to work something out on pre-orders for cgc books. People work hard for their money just sad people are out there scamming 

I’m still waiting on two Batman 108 copies at 9.8 - ordered April of 21 and still waiting. Going on 14 months since initial order. Noticed on his Facebook page that ‘some are starting to come back finally’ that was posted early April of 22. I’d even take books that he has in stock but even those offers get ignored. I’m at a loss on what to do next, as he doesn’t seem to give a F#ck.

Unfortunately I have 24 outstanding orders from July of 2021 to March of 2022. All items have between an 8 week to 18 week max turnaround time to be shipped to me. I have written several times over the course of the last few months and even requested a refund for at least the orders from last year. I keep getting told to wait and not to worry and things are either expected soon or delayed. I know for a fact it is against the law to not provide customer with full refund if order is not fulfilled by time advertised upon purchase. While some of my older orders were filled at the beginning of this year, I feel I’ve been more than patient and it’s time to get my money back. It has been almost a year and I don’t want to lose all this money. It’s over $5000 worth of orders and I feel sick about it. Just wanted to vent and let you all know. Filing with NC Attorney General, BBB and FTC along with bank, but it’s been so long in some cases I’m effed if I don’t get anything to show for it. Nothing was purchased using PayPal, which I will have to consider for future preorders. End of rant.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, Xhryz said:

Unfortunately I have 24 outstanding orders from July of 2021 to March of 2022. All items have between an 8 week to 18 week max turnaround time to be shipped to me. I have written several times over the course of the last few months and even requested a refund for at least the orders from last year. I keep getting told to wait and not to worry and things are either expected soon or delayed. I know for a fact it is against the law to not provide customer with full refund if order is not fulfilled by time advertised upon purchase. While some of my older orders were filled at the beginning of this year, I feel I’ve been more than patient and it’s time to get my money back. It has been almost a year and I don’t want to lose all this money. It’s over $5000 worth of orders and I feel sick about it. Just wanted to vent and let you all know. Filing with NC Attorney General, BBB and FTC along with bank, but it’s been so long in some cases I’m effed if I don’t get anything to show for it. Nothing was purchased using PayPal, which I will have to consider for future preorders. End of rant.

Good luck in your attempts to be made whole!

Ok, there are hundreds of customers that have been more than patient, waiting 6 months, 9 months, maybe a year or more but getting nothing ordered. Also many cases of getting a lower graded/lesser valued slab than originally ordered. If you’ve been ignored, refused refund or ripped off by Hotshot Comics (Asheville Comics) there is hope and recourse to get your money back. Strength in numbers folks, don’t hesitate to put the pressure on them. WIRE FRAUD IS SERIOUS. File with your bank, cc company and/or PayPal.

Also very important to file complaints against hotshotcomics.com with all of these entities: IC3 (FBI) for internet crimes, NC state Attorney General and BBB Better Business Bureau: 

https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

https://ncdoj.gov/file-a-complaint/consumer-complaint/

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/0473-879696/form

On 7/14/2022 at 2:00 AM, Xhryz said:

They do have a fairly new shop on Mercari now

https://www.mercari.com/u/589869951/

Well the only good thing is they can't sell stuff they don't have.  And if they pull the shady they did with eBay, Facebook, and their website they will get yoinked with a quickness from Mercari.

Can't wait to see them try WhatNot. lol

On 7/14/2022 at 3:00 AM, Xhryz said:

They do have a fairly new shop on Mercari now

https://www.mercari.com/u/589869951/

Wow, a store full of 9.4 or lower modern CGC books.  Most of the books I see in that store are 9.8 or bust.  Baffles me that a business that sells CGC pre-order comics can't discern between 9.8 and 9.4-.  This is a clear indidcation of why people don't get their 9.8 pre-orders.  They don't know what a 9.8 looks like and send tons of copies to CGC wherein 50%+ come back in a lower grade.

:ohnoez:

On 7/14/2022 at 12:10 PM, gradejunky said:

Wow, a store full of 9.4 or lower modern CGC books.  Most of the books I see in that store are 9.8 or bust.  Baffles me that a business that sells CGC pre-order comics can't discern between 9.8 and 9.4-.  This is a clear indidcation of why people don't get their 9.8 pre-orders.  They don't know what a 9.8 looks like and send tons of copies to CGC wherein 50%+ come back in a lower grade.

:ohnoez:

I am actually pretty surprised they actually have graded books to sell.  I doubt any were pressed so they could be corrected or you may just get a lemon with a black eye from a lemonade stand (instead of the lemonade you asked for).

Nothing but attitude from this guy. He calls you petty when he ignores you for months. I sent friendly message after friendly message and when I finally push to get a response, he loses his manners immediately. I really think he needs a team of therapists. I placed one last order before communication went south and I’m certain he won’t fulfill that order either. He owes me four books from November 2020 and after a heated email exchange he sends two of them. Really man? While the other books are on his sight in hand?!?! He also insulted my intelligence. I mean really??  He’s a boy in man’s clothing who would most likely not be so tough without a screen and hundreds of miles between us. Next time I’m 

in Asheville…….