• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else surprised at this $15,600 sale for the Ed Asner Center charity auction?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

All of Wendy Pini's published art is donated and stored at Columbia University.  So even sketches tend to command decent prices compared to other artists... but $15,600?  There must have been two (or more) very motivated and aggressive bidders to bring out this result!  It is for charity, but WOW:whatthe::ohnoez:

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 15.39.12.png

On 10/29/2021 at 2:50 AM, BanjerD said:

All of Wendy Pini's published art is donated and stored at Columbia University.  So even sketches tend to command decent prices compared to other artists... but $15,600?  There must have been two (or more) very motivated and aggressive bidders to bring out this result!  It is for charity, but WOW:whatthe::ohnoez:

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 15.39.12.png

Someone is only supposed to deduct the charitable portion of the purchase, that is, after deducting its FMV. And that would be? 

Edited by Rick2you2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’m not knocking Elfquest, but I’ve never known anyone who read or collected any of it.  So yes, extremely surprised by this result.

I know lots who have read it but never saw any pages available to collect.