• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2021 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
9 9

413 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, BabaLament said:

Monitoring the tracking number & USPS tried to deliver my Secret Santa package to its recipient, but nobody was home. I hope all’s well on that end & that it either makes it on the second attempt or gets picked up at the post office. 🥺

Did you send it with signature required? 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, BabaLament said:

@Wombat It was picked up at the post office earlier today. :headbang:

when you tag and see the drop down, click an choose it from the options, to properly tag. I'm sure you know :shy: 

@wombat

On 12/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Technical question: Come Christmas, are we doing our gift reveals in this thread, or will there be a separate one?

I personally prefer keeping everything in one thread.  Just from my own efforts to go back in time and see previous gift exchange threads, the ones where people were showing off gifts in the same thread were more fun than also having to find a separate "reveal" thread.  

But I don't know how many people go back and read old threads like that....

On 12/13/2021 at 4:00 PM, Axelrod said:

I personally prefer keeping everything in one thread.  Just from my own efforts to go back in time and see previous gift exchange threads, the ones where people were showing off gifts in the same thread were more fun than also having to find a separate "reveal" thread.  

But I don't know how many people go back and read old threads like that....

you know, that makes a lot of sense.

:headbang:

So I received a 2nd present today from the same “Secret Santa”.  There is a real name on the postal packages but only “from your CGC Secret Santa” on the gifts.

i hope there is something in the packages to point me in the right direction of the person on the boards. :smile:

I have them on my desk, with a toddler, putting them under the tree isn’t feasible. lol

Edited by Crops068

On 12/13/2021 at 8:43 PM, Crops068 said:

So I received a 2nd present today from the same “Secret Santa”.  There is a real name on the postal packages but only “from your CGC Secret Santa” on the gifts.

i hope there is something in the packages to point me in the right direction of the person on the boards. :smile:

I have them on my desk, with a toddler, putting them under the tree isn’t feasible. lol

Ah so no boardie name. I'm sure someone will speak up, since they're wrapped.

Maybe the boardie name will appear when you unwrap as well! :wishluck:

On 12/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, wombat said:

Funny story. Just had a package show up at the front door. It looks really similar to the gift exchange package I sent out yesterday. My wife does all my packing slips because she ships stuff for her home business. She swapped the return address with the mailing address. She shipped it to...............our house.

This has got to be the best post about a mix up yet.  Tell her thanks for the chuckle. ^^