• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2021 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
9 9

413 posts in this topic

I got this on Sunday after reporting this lost last week.  I’m not sure at what point the sender may want to file an insurance claim. (shrug)

C7446682-2B33-4CFC-A8BF-E19D43448ED7.thumb.jpeg.ca5a6db24205818d7a2d673845df95c2.jpeg
Still optimistic though! 🤞

So, for whatever reason, that's @Turtle and @Axelrod still waiting on deliveries that I know of... anyone else?

Also, feel free to contact your recipients and let them know what's going on... the time for anonymity has clearly passed.
And if anyone still needs to know who your Secret Santa was, PM me.

Edited by HollyJollyOne

On 1/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

So, for whatever reason, that's @Turtle and @Axelrod still waiting on deliveries that I know of... anyone else?

Also, feel free to contact your recipients and let them know what's going on... the time for anonymity has clearly passed.
And if anyone still needs to know who your Secret Santa was, PM me.

Mine was shown as delivered/picked up a couple of days ago.  Just waiting to hear from the recipient. 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, Axelrod said:

And I arrived home today to find said package on my doorstep.  Was it worth the wait?  You tell me.

No, I'm telling you, it totally was!  

I had put at the top of my wish list really anything CGC graded, since I owned precisely zero, with a bonus if it was from a series I actually collected back in the day, and hopefully a nice cover to display. 

First in the box were these two beauties.  

IMG_0607.thumb.JPG.8840d438d209f5c66b748e81be8c43d3.JPG.  

Very cool, high grade Thor covers.  But the real kicker, and the one that makes me just so happy was this one:

IMG_0610.thumb.JPG.5e9f7c530d8dd0f81d8459ba5da955bd.JPG

Bam!  Perfect 9.8 from one of my very favorite runs and one that I actually own - Simonson's Thor.  

@comicalgems Thank you so much!

That 339 was hot off the CGC shipments.  Freshly graded book and the initial holdup on getting the package out.  Apologies it didn’t arrive before Christmas.  I’m glad to have jump started your slab collection!

Merry Christmas!

On 1/10/2022 at 6:59 PM, comicalgems said:

That 339 was hot off the CGC shipments.  Freshly graded book and the initial holdup on getting the package out.  Apologies it didn’t arrive before Christmas.  I’m glad to have jump started your slab collection!

Merry Christmas!

@Axelrod

@comicalgems

Talk about Thor Slab overload!! 
^^

On 1/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, Axelrod said:

And I arrived home today to find said package on my doorstep.  Was it worth the wait?  You tell me.

No, I'm telling you, it totally was!  

I had put at the top of my wish list really anything CGC graded, since I owned precisely zero, with a bonus if it was from a series I actually collected back in the day, and hopefully a nice cover to display. 

First in the box were these two beauties.  

IMG_0607.thumb.JPG.8840d438d209f5c66b748e81be8c43d3.JPG.  

Very cool, high grade Thor covers.  But the real kicker, and the one that makes me just so happy was this one:

IMG_0610.thumb.JPG.5e9f7c530d8dd0f81d8459ba5da955bd.JPG

Bam!  Perfect 9.8 from one of my very favorite runs and one that I actually own - Simonson's Thor.  

@comicalgems Thank you so much!

Check out that newsie! That is amazing!