• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Thor 183 / X-Men 63, 115 / ASM 161 / Wolverine Limited 4 (9.8, signed x2)
1 1

44 posts in this topic

A legend is (re)born...and sold!  Plenty left to peruse.

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment generally due within 10 business days.  However, time payments are an option on purchases $750+.  PM me in advance to discuss though.

Shipping (domestic):  Book(s) will be shipped via insured USPS priority mail.  Domestic shipping is included in the listed price.

International Shipping - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost.  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  No returns on CGC books as you know what you're getting.  

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or I simply don't like you (aka on my ignore list)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:posted in the thread wins a book outright (so don't PM it to me, a thread take it wins out regardless of time stamp), well reasoned offers always considered.

This book just recently returned from getting the joeypost treatment, and my lord did it need it!  When acquired, this copy was a rather gnarly looking 4.5.  Joe worked his magic, and several months later here it is as a beautifully presenting 5.0 with off-white to white pages.   I'll post before and after photos, though the totality of improvement may not be apparent (in its 4.5 form, the book had some significant waves going on).

The main issue holding the grade back is the water stains and the tear near the lower spine corner (not uncommon with this book).  The stains may not be apparent from the photos, but believe me, you can see them when the book is in hand. 

A 5.5 went for $3900 on eBay just last week, but a couple hundred of that may be attributable to some fierce bidding.  Let's price this guy at $3000 $old to @Bluemedgroup.

Before:

Spoiler

Front.thumb.JPG.4f025a6e6a6cb903e64f1544a33cae81.JPG

Spoiler

Rear.thumb.JPG.a88fca71f2b36d49a5b4c92473ff8854.JPG

After:

Spoiler

1160850972_Post-pressfront.thumb.JPG.9a90342b0cbac1826a5429b82d3d3e17.JPG

Spoiler

159601181_Post-pressrear.thumb.JPG.9b2943024954aec53261f6c2ebdb5147.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Alright folks, vacation starts for me at COB Monday, and I'd like to put another dollar or six in my pocket before then.  So two things.

1. Price on GSX 1 is reduced to $2750 shipped (firm, a copy fetched $3100 on eBay five days ago -- Giant Sized X-Men #1 -- CGC 5.0 -- Marvel 1975 | eBay)

2. More books are on the way!  Mostly some re-runs from past threads; great books all of them, just haven't found their way to a new home just yet.

After Monday morning I will not have any time to ship, so the thread is going to close whenever I remember to close it on Sunday night.  Payment will be due that night as well if you want to make my shipping cut off, but...if you're cool with waiting until I get home for the book to ship, you can claim a book and make a partial payment, with the rest due once I'm able to ship again.  Obviously, please PM me with any questions about this.

Detective Comics 332, 8.0 blue with white pages.  Most recent sale I saw on eBay was from 10/25 of a 7.0 for $325 (DETECTIVE COMICS 332 CGC 7.0 JOKER BATMAN 1964 CARMINE INFANTINO JOHN BROOME | eBay).  Grab this guy for $removed

Spoiler

332 front.JPG

Spoiler

332 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Here we go with the additions.  Just an FYI, I'll probably leave this thread open until C2E2, where much of the unsold will be consigned.

Thor 183 is up first.  Appearance by Doctor Doom.  9.4 blue with white pages.

I have absolutely no recent precedent to cite.  $220 shipped

183 front.JPG

183 rear.JPG