• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic Eraser for Cleaning Grime on Comic
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 5:15 PM, thunsicker said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  It was the immacuclean guy not the dry erase people.  If you watch the video he is actually doing a wet cleaning in the video.

CGC is most likely Missing it. Which will embolden people to go the next step to see if CGC catches it. 

The guy doing the micro-trimming was doing very well until…

Patience is a virtue with this sort of thing. Here's a before and after of a low grade GA Australian book I got that had pencil drawn on it. These books had newsprint covers, so are very delicate in terms of losing ink. I worked slowly with a good quality artist's eraser for about an hour to get this result. I was pleasantly surprised at the result. I'd still hesitate to do it on anything of any value - this cost me $10 so the stakes weren't very high.

162135256_Junglecomicerasure.gif.47d7fd7b4c7d2ab52e47df23b06c30bc.gif

Some of the techniques discussed here remind me of my days as a manager in a large office. You know why managers aren't fond of "casual Fridays"? Because someone(s) always have to push the limit and come to work dressed like they just mowed the lawn then washed the cars.