• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 180 or 181 1st app by the co creator
3 3

113 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Hulk 180- Non-substantive one panel cameo at the end of a wendigo story, nobody disputes that.  

Action 23- "Date stamps" aren't definitive , but this is (what the publisher says controls,  remember?  I guess that only applies to whatever comic you're trying to redeem/bolster at the time:roflmao:).  You will never be right about this my dude no matter how much cloud fist punping you do.

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/lex-luthor

-J.

Wrong @Jaydogrules it depends on if you have a copy of Superman 4 or Action 23 each have a winner (thumbsu

On 11/6/2021 at 6:40 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Hulk 180- Non-substantive one panel cameo at the end of a wendigo story, nobody disputes that.  

Obviously, a lot of people dispute that.  You keep bringing up this whole "non-substantive one panel" dismissal but that dog just won't hunt.  It's basically a splash page of Wolverine.  To suggest otherwise is being disingenuous.

I'm guessing you have multiple copies of 181 and that's why this thread bothers you.  One thing is for sure, a person would have to be pretty gullible to take your opinion over the guys that actually created Wolverine.  

On 11/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Obviously, a lot of people dispute that.  You keep bringing up this whole "non-substantive one panel" dismissal but that dog just won't hunt.  It's basically a splash page of Wolverine.  To suggest otherwise is being disingenuous.

I'm guessing you have multiple copies of 181 and that's why this thread bothers you.  One thing is for sure, a person would have to be pretty gullible to take your opinion over the guys that actually created Wolverine.  

:eyeroll: You mean "the guys" who also didn't say anything different than what everyone already knew?

Yeah. Okay.  

Hey, maybe try just getting the right book so you don't have to constantly make a (weak) case for the consolation book with the non-substantive, one panel cameo at the end of a wendigo story ? (shrug)

-J.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:11 PM, Jaydogrules said:

:eyeroll: You mean "the guys" who also didn't say anything different than what everyone already knew?

Yeah. Okay.  

Hey, maybe try just getting the right book so you don't have to constantly make a (weak) case for the consolation book with the non-substantive, one panel cameo at the end of a wendigo story ? (shrug)

-J.

Everything will be just fine.  Try not to fight it.

611673733_ItsOK.gif.4ee3e9c75f95241254d4f4d0a683c3fb.gif

On 11/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Yeah. Okay.  

-J.

I notice you're still here trolling, so let me enlighten people on WHO YOU ARE... As to retort to the Supes 4 vs Action 23, that EVERYBODY in the thread recognized you lost other than you and your homey...

Using DCs website as credible is at best DESPARATION when they literally say their release dates are April and June of 40 when there is IMPERICAL EVIDENCE which shows whomever is running that site is as clueless as you as to their actual release dates :ohnoez:

Let these pics speak for themselves...

Screenshot_20211106-181758_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211106-181805_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211106-183721_Chrome.jpg

Ok... now that we've established that... even when i use your go to with 180 vs 181... the publisher shows BOTH as the first appearance on their website, but one clearly came out 1 month before on the calendar... you know, that us humans used to establish time chronologically, and you're still arguing!!!:insane:

The fact is, in both threads, you've been, weighed, measured, and smoked like a Cuban cigar, and you can't let it go. I'm starting to wonder about your handle... 

Jay Dog Rules...

What... JayDogRules the land of illogical, overly emotional, devoid of intellegent people?

Anyways... here's my take...

If CGC notated these books properly, or even attempted to, on their labels for what they really are...

They would cause massive fluctuations in value, and thus cost them money on grading services on GRAVY TRAIN BOOKS (like Hulk 181). So, do I ever expect them to be historically accurate? Heck no... if they had been out of the gate, there isn't anybody alive that would pay the prices they pay for Hulk 181 labeled "First cover and second appearance of Wolverine" and Action 23 "First Intended appearance of Luthor, even though we screwed up our published releases". 

Nighty night. I'll let the crowd do the rest...

On 11/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Non-substantive

Non substantive ? .... maybe, if not for that pesky " First. Time. You. Ever. Lay, Eyes. On. Him. " thing. Lest we forget, 180 also hit the stands a full month BEFORE 181. It just keeps getting so complicated.... why bother with reality ? .... such an inconvenience when it gets in our way, eh ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, NP_Gresham said:

This thread needs a calmer tone.

So how about 'pressing' as the new subject......

Back in the (g)Olden days of the board, when people were really getting pizzy with one another, someone would try and de-escalate the situation by saying something like, "So, how about that Hulk 181?".  

I guess that won't work here.  lol

On 11/8/2021 at 2:33 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Great point.  I wonder if @CGC Mike can move it to gold.  :insane:

It is vitally important and should be stickied at the top of EVERY sub-forum. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo( a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/6/2021 at 10:59 PM, Randall Dowling said:

It's really basically an ad for the next issue, like nearly every last-page-only appearance (first or not) of any character. That's the only reason the story was structured that way. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that Wolverine has a brief (not cameo) appearance, which is his first, in the issue.

While we’re at it and in the wrong era, can you guys settle the question of which is more important, X-men 120 or 121? I don’t have copies of either or remember.  How many panels for Alpha Flight’s cameo in 120?

On 11/9/2021 at 2:52 PM, szav said:

While we’re at it and in the wrong era, can you guys settle the question of which is more important, X-men 120 or 121? I don’t have copies of either or remember.  How many panels for Alpha Flight’s cameo in 120?

hm I can tell you that 120 came out before 121 (thumbsu