• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pawn Stars: Batman #1
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, Dark Knight said:

I thought the gentleman below was the seller lol 

Evans.jpg

I thought he looked more like if someone crossed Chris Evans with John Krasinski

Seller probably knew he wasn't selling it the minute he walked through the doors but I will say it was / is an excellent way to get exposure for the hobby and the book itself. 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:09 AM, Buzzetta said:

I thought he looked more like if someone crossed Chris Evans with John Krasinski

Seller probably knew he wasn't selling it the minute he walked through the doors but I will say it was / is an excellent way to get exposure for the hobby and the book itself. 

Or a good way to have someone on tv point out that the eye appeal is lacking !   

wonder if he sold by now 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, Bronty said:

Or a good way to have someone on tv point out that the eye appeal is lacking !   

wonder if he sold by now 

Fair point but that could be explained... 

I wasn't so sold on that.  I thought the copy in and of itself had decent eye appeal.  I do think that it was substandard compared to another book around the grade that might have presented better than grade.  I don't have access to Heritage at work so I cannot compare.  Also, let's be honest.  Anyone on the dealer side of things is not going to gush about how great it is even if it is great.  

I would also be curious to know if Torpedo made an offer on the book lol   "It's doesn't have great eye appeal but if you are looking for cash perhaps we could work it out." 

Any chance the owner of the book (even if at that time) can shed some light on this book and that episode?  I remember when Greg Reece was on he described the experience. 

I think it’s a fair point that it doesn’t look amazing fir a 5.5.    That said given covid price increases he may well have sold at a good profit by now 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, Dark Knight said:

That guy scares me lol

I have met him a few times. He is one big dude. And I am 6'3. I wouldn't mess with him. lol.
Of course I met Cory also, good guy. Acts just like on the show.
Chum Lee's Mom is from the small town I grew up in. Small world.

And Rick married a girl I went to school with, must of met her through Chum Lee.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:24 AM, Aman619 said:

Figures.  Every comic segment on that show is a setup.  Always a known professional,dealer or collector. As if they’d ever really sell to a low bidding pawn shop setup.

It's all for TV.  Over-graded with rusty staples...

I was asked if I wanted to go on Pawn Stars. This was about five months ago. It was not for a comic book.

They looked through my comic collection on myslabbedcomics and said they had TWO items of mine they wanted to write a "proposal" for to see if it made sense to bring me onto the show. I would have to pay my own air fair BTW.

Anyways, They asked me if I would be ok with having their expert break open one of my CGC cases to examine the condition of the item. I told the person that the company that graded the item would be shown on the show as experts. So yeah my conclusion is that the entire show is fake. And yes they told me that any offers made for my items would not be confirmed sales.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

I was asked if I wanted to go on Pawn Stars. This was about five months ago. It was not for a comic book.

They looked through my comic collection on myslabbedcomics and said they had TWO items of mine they wanted to write a "proposal" for to see if it made sense to bring me onto the show. I would have to pay my own air fair BTW.

Anyways, They asked me if I would be ok with having their expert break open one of my CGC cases to examine the condition of the item. I told the person that the company that graded the item would be shown on the show as experts. So yeah my conclusion is that the entire show is fake. And yes they told me that any offers made for my items would not be confirmed sales.

I read it somewhere as well with another seller. Btw pawn stars is real but the cast rarely deals there. Chum has some lawsuits as well. However most parts are scripted..