• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The CGC Chat Boards have been an integral part of the hobby for nearly 20 years, creating a community for thousands of collectors worldwide, with millions of posts forming a wealth of knowledge and information that cannot be found anywhere else in the industry. Users have also enjoyed the benefits of the Marketplace, a section of the boards that allows collectors to buy, sell and trade their comics and related material.

CGC has taken some time to review its chat board strategy, and we have a few updates to announce that will further promote our goal of providing a fun, friendly and engaging platform for every user.

Moderation of the boards has always been a challenging job for all involved, particularly when dealing with disagreements and violations of board policy. Going forward, the job of moderation will be handled strictly by paid CGC employees. In addition to bringing moderation in-house, a team comprised of CGC senior management will oversee moderation, providing input and ensuring that moderation is handled in an objective, impartial manner that is fair to board users.

CGC is grateful to those who have assisted with moderation over the years. Your energy invested in maintaining the boards was at times a herculean task, and for your efforts, we are eternally grateful.

The CGC Chat Boards guidelines have also been updated, and they include a detailed explanation of the CGC’s moderation philosophy. Most of these guidelines should be common sense to board users, particularly in regards to inappropriate posts and content. Politics in particular have become one of the most challenging aspects of moderation, given the social climate of today.

Because the CGC Chat Boards are meant to be an open and positive environment for the discussion of comics-related topics, we stress that users should refrain from including politics in their posts. We expect all board members to treat each other fairly and with kindness, which will not only ease the job of moderation, but also ensure a welcome atmosphere for newcomers and veterans alike.

Another area of change involves the Marketplace. Guidelines for sale listings have been updated, and now include a 24-hour notice to be given to users whose sales threads contain minor violations. This gives users time to correct the violation, rather than having a moderator remove the entire thread.

CGC would also like to introduce its new CGC Chat Boards Community Liaison, Michael Greenwood! Many members already know Michael, a collector with years of experience

— both in comics and the CGC Chat Boards. Michael’s involvement and other members of the CGC team will strengthen CGC’s interaction and transparency with collectors and dealers. We feel Michael is a great fit for his role in this new endeavor, and we expect to soon supplement his efforts with other help from CGC employees.

Thank you for being involved in this vibrant, exciting community of which we are proud to be a part. Our new guidelines can be found here.

Matt Nelson

CGC President

On 11/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Funnybooks said:

Apologies for the 3 minute delayed response 

Its nothing but a chicken wing.

I always love when you wake up and log on...

Your asked if you log off and sleep? Hahaha

I logged on at 9 am, if I was still asleep, I'd have other problems lol

On 11/4/2021 at 10:00 AM, Funnybooks said:

image.gif.832e90788079453e9e028d0761545d4a.gif

I did awake in the middle of the night to use the facilities and answered a board question lol:roflmao: 

Real talk though, there is seemingly people who post all during the night so, if I ever DO get insomnia, I'm glad the Board Members are looking out for my well-being ;) 

On 11/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Its nothing but a chicken wing.

I always love when you wake up and log on...

Your asked if you log off and sleep? Hahaha

I logged on at 9 am, if I was still asleep, I'd have other problems lol

I post via drive-by…

image.gif.76a6cafb4731d60cd3ca45084609d4b2.gif

Edited by Funnybooks

On 11/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, Funnybooks said:

I pair via drive-by…

Spoiler

lol I was out book hunting the other day, and I was wearing pants with small pockets. I was putting my wallet up at the register and having a time of it, when the other register people were done checking out and walking by. I stopped trying to hold my wallet behind me to put it up as they walked by, and they gave me the stink eye. HAHAHAHA

Sometimes it's better to remove temptation, not that it's a reflection of anyone's character, but why test people!

I'm not sure what all these updates to the boards mean for the future anyway, thoughts? Sure some new features, but it says that while promising the same old same. Sounds like people are hopeful, and I don't want to spoil that by following up on someone's random dig.

Hence the :download: