• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 4:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

RMA has written me several emails at length.  While I would not share his words from personal emails I do say that the very public passive aggressiveness of leaving emojis instead of what is on your mind readily noticeable by everyone.  So, if RMA has something to say, he should say it instead of the constant hiding in the shadows.  Poop or get off the pot. 

As far as Richard's point.  I got it.  I understood it.  I disagree with it.  I am not trolling.  I am overtly saying that Richard's sentiments came from the voice that sounded like that of a spoiled child not getting his way.   He even said in that old moderation thread, that he wanted Dena, Mike and Sharon, 'gone.'

As far as it coming to a head?  Stop talking about off limit topics, stop being cute and trying to sneak it in.  Stop trying to find loopholes and perhaps you won't get moderated.   Richard was told, "no bueno" and had a public meltdown.  For those that are constantly being moderated, take a good look in the mirror.    It would be easier not to go through the drama.  So, instead of placing blame on people's reaction, try to figure out what caused that reaction in the first place.   

So no, and I really do not care about the size of someone's collection, purchasing power, or status in the industry.   I found his temper tantrum to be a childish bore to the point that when I found out that he is the only guy out there that has a comic book I want, I chose not to buy the comic book and live without it.  I don't feel the need to feed the pockets of a temper tantrum.  @onlyweaknesskryptonite can verify that as he found the book I've been looking for in Bedrock's store.    I declined.   I find the behavior distasteful and something I want little to do with. 

Trolling?  No.  Trolling is when you have a little sly smile on your face in an effort to gain a reaction.  React, don't react.  It matters little.  I shrug and choose to no longer find use for the guy but, if someone asks, I will call out that situation for what it was. 

hahahahahahahaha.  one small step for man, ....

I can’t remember right now re: desktop but I believe the boards show as the should when I’m viewing a list of threads. When I hop on mobile, everything looks as it should until I’m reading a thread, and it all looks like this. 
82C7BD40-0750-4694-90E4-3968AF567AE6.thumb.png.89b94c6cb824e3639b97d3c466fbe098.png

• Administrator
On 11/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, Straw-Man said:

the moderation had gotten silly.   i figure ANY change will be an improvement.

I would very much like to hear you or anyone else's opinions on what change you would like to see happen.  I invite everyone that wants to participate in moderation change here.  :smile:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/499034-moderation-policy-discussion-turning-over-a-new-leaf/#comments

On 11/10/2021 at 8:03 AM, Straw-Man said:

hahahahahahahaha.  one small step for man, ....

I absolutely realize my gesture is small and insignificant.  But, I would be more displeased with myself if I was, as I said, lining the pockets of a temper tantrum.  Old newsprint is not as important to me as knowing where my money goes.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, Buzzetta said:

I absolutely realize my gesture is small and insignificant.  But, I would be more displeased with myself if I was, as I said, lining the pockets of a temper tantrum.  Old newsprint is not as important to me as knowing where my money goes.

We all know.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Is there an exciting change related to avatars being squished, or is it just me that’s still experiencing that?

I was excited when I was told my Bernie Sanders avatar doing "Gangnam Style" was "political". I was told I had received "several" warnings about it when I in fact had NOT. So I changed it to something more suitable for the new regime....er.....the New Deal......uh.....The Brand New Day......ehmmm......The New Morning......eh......Guten Morgen Bürger.

Sanders and I lived on the same street in the early 1980's. We would see one another and tip our hats and make small talk. One day, a friend and I encountered him on our walk and my friend said something really sarcastic to Sanders about politics. Sanders looked at me, then peered into the stroller I was pushing, said "Aw. What a cute baby", then he burned my friend to the ground on the spot. Good times. It took with roughly 3 seconds to formulate his response, then went Fahrenheit 451 on his spoon.

A suggestion then, in the spirit of removing "political" images. Please remove all covers and images depicting any kind of war cover up to and including Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin images. No more Superman dropping torpedoes on "Jap" and "Kraut" destroyers. No more Captain America and Bucky slapping deformed "Japs" around.

Sanders going Gangnam Style in a meme isn't political. No more than WWII covers or "Obama Meets Spiderman" images are. Much LESS, in fact. And one warning isn't "several". Much LESS, in fact.

9.png

On 11/10/2021 at 8:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mr. B's response is certainly serious, but funny (to me). Kinda like the whole, "am I clown funny" scene from Goodfellas.

This confuses me, because you are confused, about me being confused