• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, The Meta said:

If that grudge is a two way thing, than it is what it is.

But if it's not.....

@Fisionbomb 

When a grudge is held between 2 people, and they stay head to head, there is a balance there, nothing can ever change that balance, so it's self perpetuating, and can last a lifetime...

However, if a grudge is only one sided, it needs to be propped up, and only ONE person can do that, and it takes extraordinary effort to do so.

Is holding hate in your heart worth all the effort? (This is an encompassing statement, meant for all who read it)

A lot of people are able to sustain and self perpetuate themselves. It's called ego, and while the mainstream way to think of ego as being negative, it has a lot of positive purposes, which is why we have an ego in the first place. We NEED ego to have a healthy, functioning sense of self.

How you are, and how you act is a sign of how you feed your ego.

Others are easy to judge your ego, because as human beings, we are sensitive to that. Damaged egos, the wires get crossed, how we repair it has a lot of how we end up.

Being a human being allows us to choose how we heal, how we feed, how we grow. The underlying truth is that from the moment you are conceived, to the moment of death, we are learning, growing and interacting with the entire universe, whether we perceive it or not. 

I'll leave it at that, because I'm sure everyone wants to talk about comics and not this stuff. 

Hope that's an insight for you and I want you to know I'm just opening up to you

On 11/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, The Meta said:

@Fisionbomb 

When a grudge is held between 2 people, and they stay head to head, there is a balance there, nothing can ever change that balance, so it's self perpetuating, and can last a lifetime...

However, if a grudge is only one sided, it needs to be propped up, and only ONE person can do that, and it takes extraordinary effort to do so.

Is holding hate in your heart worth all the effort? (This is an encompassing statement, meant for all who read it)

A lot of people are able to sustain and self perpetuate themselves. It's called ego, and while the mainstream way to think of ego as being negative, it has a lot of positive purposes, which is why we have an ego in the first place. We NEED ego to have a healthy, functioning sense of self.

Others are easy to judge your ego, because as human beings, we are sensitive to that. Damaged egos, the wires get crossed, how we repair it has a lot of how we end up.

Being a human being allows us to choose how we heal, how we feed, how we grow. The underlying truth is that from the moment you are conceived, to the moment of death, we are learning, growing and interacting with the entire universe, whether we perceive it or not. 

I'll leave it at that, because I'm sure everyone wants to talk about comics and not this stuff. 

Hope that's an insight for you and I want you to know I'm just opening up to you

The problem with the ego is it cannot see itself.  It can learn to see itself, but the way to do that is get input from others.  Some people with very little self awareness project what they are, into others.  But even these people are valuable sources of information sometimes.  If they are very unaware then anything they say about you, you can just disregard.  They are talking about themselves.  But a normal, functioning human can tell others things about themselves they are unaware of.  This is valuable data.  Clinging to a defective ego, however, any information about itself will be met with rage.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, The Meta said:

@Fisionbomb 

I love how @The Meta is trying end years long grudges with very intelligent & hearfelt posts in between pics of LDC, Cats with fruit on their heads, and stuffing talk!

You really do know how to re rail a thread! 

:golfclap:

Self-refection is useless without first getting a lot of information about oneself, from others.  That type of 'self reflection' is just self-affirmation.  If someone says they have done a lot of self reflection you can bet they are deep in denial.  Better than self reflection is "I listen to others, I actively ask them questions about myself and my behavior".

On 11/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, kav said:

Self-refection is useless without first getting a lot of information about oneself, from others.  That type of 'self reflection' is just self-affirmation.  If someone says they have done a lot of self reflection you can bet they are deep in denial.  Better than self reflection is "I listen to others, I actively ask them questions about myself and my behavior".

All Sentences! 

:golfclap:

On 11/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, kav said:

@ADAMANTIUM Please translate this for me! 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:23 PM, Comics4All said:

@ADAMANTIUM Please translate this for me! 

Basically, if you are always experiencing difficulties with others, and its always 'their fault' and you say you are self reflective, you are not.  Not even close.

Edited by kav