• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas - June 17-19, 2022

79 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

There will be packages available - Jim Lee Experiences, CSA will have a Batman After Dark, Monsters After Dark

End of the month on sale, ideally.

Are the jay and silent bob duo sig package all in at $99 available for cgc witness?

On 4/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

I don't know, tbh. Crossing the streams. I will ask.

Seems like a simple thing I know lol But I've always been confused, as it isn't clear from some artists, I mean Kevin is a comic guy so it should have been considered pre anything.

I went ahead and secured the sig package, now "IF" a different one becomes available lol and I have to transfer lol:pullhair: 

Not griping, it's just the unknown for me,

:shy: not griping, just hoping :wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Seems like a simple thing I know lol But I've always been confused, as it isn't clear from some artists, I mean Kevin is a comic guy so it should have been considered pre anything.

I went ahead and secured the sig package, now "IF" a different one becomes available lol and I have to transfer lol:pullhair: 

Not griping, it's just the unknown for me, you would would think after 22 years, this would be standard nomenclature lol 

Especially, when this is the boards :shy: not griping, just hoping :wishluck: 

I would assume it'd be ok, don't know the ends and outs, but what else would Kevin smith sign? he's even listed under comic creators 

so I'll assume it's ok.

I use that defense for Kevin Smith, but reality it should apply to all celebs, I'd hope that CGC would be normal conversation :wishluck: 

and or

that it is easy to find out lol:cheers: everything is subject to change so ^^ I'll be patient :) 

On 4/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would assume it'd be ok, don't know the ends and outs, but what else would Kevin smith sign? he's even listed under comic creators 

so I'll assume it's ok.

I use that defense for Kevin Smith, but reality it should apply to all celebs, I'd hope that CGC would be normal conversation :wishluck: 

and or

that it is easy to find out lol:cheers: everything is subject to change so ^^ I'll be patient :) 

Whatever you want? He signed my Clerks laserdisc for me a couple years ago (not at a fan expo event, but he was happy to sign). I'm anticipating getting a non-comic item signed here myself.

20220108_103821.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

Whatever you want? He signed my Clerks laserdisc for me a couple years ago (not at a fan expo event, but he was happy to sign). I'm anticipating getting a non-comic item signed here myself.

20220108_103821.jpg

Amen. Just for witness and yellow label wasn't spelled out, we'll see how it goes, a list of facilitators hasn't been listed. I'm still looking but haven't seen it yet

On 4/14/2022 at 9:09 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

DorkBuzz can witness for CGC and were there last time.

Ah good thinking...

Been a minute,  I had forgot everyone. 

He showed up under Google though for Dallas comic show (thumbsu

On 4/14/2022 at 9:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah good thinking...

Been a minute,  I had forgot everyone. 

He showed up under Google though for Dallas comic show (thumbsu

Yeah, that was just in February. They were there. But they were also at Fan Expo Dallas last September. I would anticipate their return...I know they're responsive on Facebook so you could ask!

On 4/15/2022 at 10:28 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

Yeah, that was just in February. They were there. But they were also at Fan Expo Dallas last September. I would anticipate their return...I know they're responsive on Facebook so you could ask!

@Dork Buzz they are also sometimes responsive directly on here. Bradd and his group are awesome and I've used them for 100's of witnessed comics. 

On 4/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

There will be packages available - Jim Lee Experiences, CSA will have a Batman After Dark, Monsters After Dark

End of the month on sale, ideally.

These are up now.  I would not wait on the Jim Lee one, it sold out in 2019.  Was hands down the best purchase I made that year.

And so people don't make a rookie mistake (I did and the people at Fan Expo were great about it) the $100 Jim Lee experience does NOT include witnessing, the $150 does.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, Leoa7x said:

I'm new to this events, how do I get cgc to witness my signatures? And where or how do I submit my comics?

@Kevin Boyd there should be a convention list of people set up at the show eventually. Find a facilitator that is attending and seek them out first when you get there, they may have some signings set up, or they can meet you at the front of the line for any sigs you get to "witness the sigs!"

That is my understanding. @Crops068 may have more experience :) Best to find a facilitator first, past ones included comicsketchart.com

edit: oh and welcome to the boards, I hope we can all enjoy the comic con!! :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, Leoa7x said:

I'm new to this events, how do I get cgc to witness my signatures? And where or how do I submit my comics?

@Kevin Boyd there should be a convention list of people set up at the show eventually. Find a facilitator that is attending and seek them out first when you get there, they may have some signings set up, or they can meet you at the front of the line for any sigs you get to "witness the sigs!"

That is my understanding. @Crops068 may have more experience :) Best to find a facilitator first, past ones included comicsketchart.com

edit: oh and welcome to the boards, I hope we can all enjoy the comic con!! :headbang: 

It really depends on who you are after.  Some of the artists might be in a booth with a facilitator/witness.  Otherwise there will be CGC authorized facilitators there, like Agents of Slabs (not saying they will be there, just an example).

And Addy is correct, find the facilitator at the show and work out who you are getting stuff done with and work out logistics.  When CGC is at a con I know they assign you a witness and when you get near the front of a line you can text them to meet you for the sig.  I would imagine a facilitator will do something similar.

Now if you are looking to send a book to someone to have signed and handled in that manner, I would check the Sig Series forum and see if any of those guys, like Rich Henn, are going to be in attendance.