• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 25-28, 2022

49 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, Ron C. said:

I love going to this show. It is set up just right... Artists/comics set up on one side of the South complex transitioning to gaming and cosplay on the other side. The North complex has the celebrity signatures and photo ops. This year there were just a few glitches. I should get my pass for the show sometime next week. Tracking says it is in Ohio right now. :eyeroll:

The line today was long............. even after noon. Hopefully people with Saturday only passes got to experience enough of the show. Was the show oversold or were people able to get in with older passes (someone in security mentioned that)? The lines were around the block. Escalators breaking down didn't help with entry, but that is not the show's fault. All of the FXC staff was great though.

It was really nice meeting you Ron, hope i was helpful.

We had a good show.  We got moved cause of last minute show changes re stranger things/cobra kai.

We had several people tell us the celeb area was a chit show and that they waited 4+ hrs just to see someone (which needs to be fixed).  No one wants that.  Issue specific ticket times or something like that.

Booth costs next year are HUGE Increase as they are going from 8x8 to 10x10.  Don't think you'll see any "weekend" warriors doing the show when a single booth will be almost $2000 for the weekend.

Very crowded in the general areas show floor didn't have a ton of cosplayers which is nice as those swords and what not just whack ppl trying to walk the floor.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:53 PM, Iceman399 said:

We had a good show.  We got moved cause of last minute show changes re stranger things/cobra kai.

We had several people tell us the celeb area was a chit show and that they waited 4+ hrs just to see someone (which needs to be fixed).  No one wants that.  Issue specific ticket times or something like that.

Booth costs next year are HUGE Increase as they are going from 8x8 to 10x10.  Don't think you'll see any "weekend" warriors doing the show when a single booth will be almost $2000 for the weekend.

Very crowded in the general areas show floor didn't have a ton of cosplayers which is nice as those swords and what not just whack ppl trying to walk the floor.

I took my kids to see Joseph Quinn and Finn Wolfhard.  Both of these had specific groupings with specific times to show up.  I showed up 10 minutes before my time and waited less than 30 minutes.  It felt way more organized than previous years which was simply have the entire group show up at the same time and then first come, first serve.  They moved the people through with great efficiency IMO.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:05 AM, LudaToke said:

I took my kids to see Joseph Quinn and Finn Wolfhard.  Both of these had specific groupings with specific times to show up.  I showed up 10 minutes before my time and waited less than 30 minutes.  It felt way more organized than previous years which was simply have the entire group show up at the same time and then first come, first serve.  They moved the people through with great efficiency IMO.

Yes the Quinn op was done correctly. 

Friends waited almost 4hrs for Charlie hunnam. It left them about 2 hrs to do the rest of the show on Sunday. 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:45 AM, Iceman399 said:

Yes the Quinn op was done correctly. 

Friends waited almost 4hrs for Charlie hunnam. It left them about 2 hrs to do the rest of the show on Sunday. 

Yikes that is terrible.  I wonder what went wrong with the execution because when I was there for the Stranger Things people it looked like they were doing timed slots with Hunnam as well.

I always go to this show for the full 4 days and still feel I can't get everything done that I want.  Thursday and Friday are the days I go with my Girlfriend and they are far less busy than the weekend so it is nice.  We then take our Kids on Saturday for a family day of fun but the Saturday is always insane.  My kids enjoy the action packed craziness and all the costumes.  My girlfriend and I then head back on Sunday for cleanup and anything else we missed.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, LudaToke said:

Yikes that is terrible.  I wonder what went wrong with the execution because when I was there for the Stranger Things people it looked like they were doing timed slots with Hunnam as well.

I always go to this show for the full 4 days and still feel I can't get everything done that I want.  Thursday and Friday are the days I go with my Girlfriend and they are far less busy than the weekend so it is nice.  We then take our Kids on Saturday for a family day of fun but the Saturday is always insane.  My kids enjoy the action packed craziness and all the costumes.  My girlfriend and I then head back on Sunday for cleanup and anything else we missed.

If you don't get the VIP badge you're going to be waiting in lines. Totally worth the price if getting celebrity signatures is your thing.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, LudaToke said:

Some additional pickups from the last day of the show.  The Hip Hop and comic homages from Beddo Art were definitely my favorites. My kids loved meeting Joseph Quinn and Finn Wolfhard.  They have grown up with Stranger Things as a TV show and it was a big deal for them.  Such a great 4 days.

PXL_20220829_004617265.jpg

PXL_20220829_004633553.jpg

PXL_20220829_004753827.jpg

PXL_20220829_005915609.jpg

PXL_20220829_005924976.jpg

I saw those first three... they looked like prints. Were they OA or sketch covers?  Quite a few were pretty awesome.