• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not OK, really not ok...
4 4

171 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, William-James88 said:

Then whoever told you that did not express themselves properly since this is not the case.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

I'm posting this again as proof that cgc says tat start at delivery.  Cause it's too hard to find that if people dont know it would be too hard to prove.

We need more eyes on it, the announcement was in may like 7 months ago. 

I don't blame anyone for forgetting or it getting lost in the shuffle  :wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, William-James88 said:

Then whoever told you that did not express themselves properly since this is not the case.

@William-James88 read the link. Cgc has told us that from day 1 (shrug)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tat starts when it is delivered 

For anyone who doesn't read the link, here is a screenshot since it is the title of the announcement.... @William-James88

Screenshot_20211130-162407.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/30/2021 at 3:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

posting this again as proof that cgc says tat start at delivery.  Cause it's too hard to find that if people dont know it would be too hard to prove.

We need more eyes on it, the announcement was in may like 7 months ago. 

I don't blame anyone for forgetting or it getting lost in the shuffle  :wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, William-James88 said:

thanks Adamantium and sorry to the OP

No worries, I get it, cgc made that announcement last May and they never mention it when calling unless you prove it lol

So I try to hold them accountable,  but like someone else said, cgc CAN STILL SAY THEYRE "just estimates" :(

But still knowing is half the battle? Yo Joe! I hope!

On 11/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, F For Fake said:

Anything could be graded! And should be! The registry is an example of that very way of thinking. Many people paying crazy prices for books that are otherwise worthless outside of a 9.8 slab, because they "gotta complete their set!"

No, that can't be tr... oh, never mind.

Again, because I believe it's important: 

The clock starts when your package is delivered, BUT (and I think this is what most people fail to understand) the TAT from when your package was delivered is whatever the current posted TAT is. Not whatever the posted TAT was on the day your package was delivered. 

Making up numbers but for example: Your package was delivered 10/01 and on that day TAT was 45 days. Now TAT is 123 days. This is now your TAT, 123 days from 10/01. If it changes to 80 days tomorrow YOU'RE AT 80 DAYS FROM 10/01. If it changes again to 200 days in a week, YOU'RE AT 200 DAYS FROM 10/01.  Forget about whatever the TAT was when your package was delivered. Today's posted TAT is your TAT from date of delivery.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Again, because I believe it's important: 

The clock starts when your package is delivered, BUT (and I think this is what most people fail to understand) the TAT from when your package was delivered is whatever the current posted TAT is. Not whatever the posted TAT was on the day your package was delivered. 

Making up numbers but for example: Your package was delivered 10/01 and on that day TAT was 45 days. Now TAT is 123 days. This is now your TAT, 123 days from 10/01. If it changes to 80 days tomorrow YOU'RE AT 80 DAYS FROM 10/01. If it changes again to 200 days in a week, YOU'RE AT 200 DAYS FROM 10/01.  Forget about whatever the TAT was when your package was delivered. Today's posted TAT is your TAT from date of delivery.

I agree 100%

On 11/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, that can't be tr... oh, never mind.

I should add to my comment, I absolutely don't judge anyone working on registry sets. I'm working on a couple myself, on the cheap. So, I get it. I can't justify it, but I get it.

People may slab books for purely sentimental reasons. Collect what you want, and slab what you want. It’s your hobby or business, your money, and your own happiness. (shrug)

(Coming here to vent about TATs is not the same thing as denigrating others and their collecting choices.)