• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: Almost Got 'Im! Qualified label question
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I sent in a copy of  Batman: Almost Got 'Im! and it received a green qualified label. The label says, "Hologram Attached To Cover". It came that way from the manufacturer. I might be wrong but I don't think the book should have been "dinged" for that. I pulled a couple of images off of Ebay that show the hologram attached in the original packaging. Is there anything that can be done about this or am I stuck?

s-l1600.jpg

the problem is there are books without the hologram sticker so that is what they are basing their decision on. It is treated no different than the books where someone signs it at a convention and then applies their sticker of authentication. The sticker is added afterwards and I think you are stuck.

-5635386444935416977.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 11/4/2021 at 3:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

the problem is there are books without the hologram sticker so that is what they are basing their decision on. It is treated no different than the books where someone signs it at a convention and then applies their sticker of authentication. The sticker is added afterwards and I think you are stuck.

Agreed.. 

I remember a few years back Sam Keith did a limited release of a certain Maxx book and he signed every single one. So you know if you have the book, it's a legit signature. 

The problem is, CGC didn't witness the signature. So they still flag the book with the Qualified label and note "Sam Keith" written on the cover. 

There are some situations where CGC has to make these decisions. Even though it came with a hologram sticker in most cases, CGC has standards they consistently apply for stickers. 

And even though Sam signed every single copy of that book, it still wasn't a witnessed signature. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

^^