• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Promise Collection / Heritage
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Auction Houses and insiders have warehouses full of GA and all comics to clean & press & release to the public in order to maximize their profit.  Heritage (for all items) adjusts the bids, keeps items for themselves, makes sure other items are for max bid, etc., etc.

Edited by ChillMan

On 11/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, ChillMan said:

Auction Houses and insiders have warehouses full of GA and all comics to clean & press & release to the public in order to maximize their profit.  Heritage (for all items) adjusts the bids, keeps items for themselves, makes sure other items are for max bid, etc., etc.

hm

On 11/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, ChillMan said:

Just this week, I won a book on HA for 15% less than my maximum bid.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:03 PM, Point Five said:

Sounds like you busted this case wide open!

I was expecting Scooby-Doo and his friends to get to the bottom of this. Toward the end, I would picture Steve Ivy saying, "I would have gotten away with this if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"

On 11/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, ChillMan said:

Friends don't let friends post drunk! (tsk)

On 11/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, Ryan. said:

hm Can you point me in the direction of the LB Cole warehouses? I'd like to purchase a couple pallets of Contact 12. 

Sadly those darn insiders already scooped them up. The pallets still available are down to Frisky Animals and D*ck Cole.

I don't know about anyone else, but my sales have dropped to almost nothing since Promise Collection hit the web. It has shaken loose a LOT of low hanging fruit. Talk about vacuuming all the money out of the room :tonofbricks:  .... there truly is something for everyone in that stack. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/4/2021 at 8:23 PM, ChillMan said:

You are partially correct. Heritage does have a warehouse full of comics! I know, I was there!

On 11/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Just this week, I won a book on HA for 15% less than my maximum bid.

Cool...I mean I'd way 'overpay' for something I really want.  But...watch out.  Buying or selling, and not just comics.  Don't believe their sweet talk on the phone.  Don't sign their papers or let them lock you in by saying your item is listed in their useless catalog.  Make sure your item is advertised online for months.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:23 PM, ChillMan said:

I'm not really giving an opinion here other than to say I doubt they or anybody has warehouses or even one warehouse full of GA stuff. If that's the case I'll take a pallet of Contact 12's as well. But I get you're point.  Do they buy and keep stuff until they feel is the optimum time to sell? I'm sure they do. That's kind of the way to do it if you're "only in it for the money". Then again they can't keep it too long after getting it graded because they would be on the census, and the less on the census the better for the sellers.

But this has got me thinking. I always thought all the books in the auctions of HA, CC, and CL were all owned by people who are using these auction houses to sell their stuff. But are some of the books in their auctions actually owned by the auction houses? And/or do they sometimes bid on and buy books they are selling on their own auctions by using a proxy bidder perhaps (who later becomes a proxy seller) ? If so that seems unethical. 

Adjusting bids? I'm not sure what that means but it sounds illegal. Wow, I wrote much more than I planned. I just came by to see some sweet Promise books. :1514325239_yeehawemoji:

Edited by Professor K