• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for artwork- pastel drawing

4 posts in this topic

Recently got a commission which is a pastel drawing sized A4.  I was told to keep it in  an acid free folder or framed in glass.  Does anyone have any recommendations for good acid free folder or a good frame? Is there any good frame I can do myself for that size or should I just get it professionally done?  Thank you

On 11/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, Will_K said:

Re: glass... I suggest anti-static (and hopefully UV) acrylic (not glass).  Static can pull the pastels off the paper.

You can try getting wax paper at the supermarket for temporary storage.

Really?

Will wax residue get on the piece?

Also how about a mylite bag?

I think as long as the wax paper isn't creased, it won't rub or scratch the pastels as much any anything I've heard of.  Anyway, as I mentioned, it's for temporary storage.  I think mylites are subject to static electricity.

I have 2 pastels.  One is really large, still in the padded shipping box and has to be reframed.  The other is one of those top loaders (how it was sent to me), kept vertical with nothing pressing on it.  I haven't gotten around to dealing with them and have just been keeping them as-is. 

For your own research there are plenty of youtube videos re: framing pastels.

Edited by Will_K