• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jackson Bostwick First Ever CGC Signing was a HUGE Success
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Recently, my company, "HEROGRAPHS" a division of MEARS Auctions, partnered with "Captured Collectibles" to conduct the hobby's first ever CGC witness signing with the World's Mightiest Mortal, Jackson Bostwick, the star of the 1974 hit TV show, Shazam!   The event was a sell out. Jackson is a true fan and scholar of the Golden Age Captain Marvel comic books, and was personal friends with CC Beck. Understanding the strength of the CGC brand, Jackson even brought is own books to be signed in the presence of the CGC witnesses and to submit them for encapsulation. 

The concept was unique with respect to the fact that the the actual actor to first wear the original red suit personally signed Golden Age Captain Marvel and the 1970s Shazam! comics. This was the first time Jackson's signature was added to those comic book titles under the watch of the CGC brand. The uniqueness and ingenuity of the project created real value for those titles, which now have the CGC witnessed signatures of Jackson Bostwick. 

The signing took place at the recent Chiller Autograph convention in New Jersey.   Jackson wants to thank the staff of Captured Collectibles for being professional and making the signing a huge success.  Regards, Troy R Kinunen, troy@mearsonline.com 

Captured Collectibles on Instagram: “#cgc #cgccomics #signatureseries #cgcsigning #comicbook #capturedcollectibles #JacksonBostwick #DC #dccomics #comicbooks #tv #shazam…”

Captured Collectibles on Instagram: “SPECIAL MOMENT CAPTURED! JACKSON BOSTWICK ORIGINAL SKETCHES!!”

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot

Yeah - that was not the first ever signing. The first signing was nearly 10 years ago (at least that I am aware of - there could have been earlier signings) and there were several Shazam! Books done. I have posted about that signing several times.

if you are going to be involved in Signature Series, you should take a little more care in researching your claims. It’s not cool to disseminate wrong information.  It is excellent that you are excited about the signing and the books - the hobby needs more of that. But please keep in mind that many of us have been involved in SS for 15 plus years.

—Sean.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, s-man said:

Here's one from 2019..

Image 1 - Shazam! and The Shazam Family! Annual #1 SS CGC 9.8 4X Auto Levi

Ok why are her eyes on opposite sides of head what is she a squirrel or something?

Screenshot 2021-11-08 8.50.36 PM.png

On 11/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, seanfingh said:

Yeah - that was not the first ever signing. The first signing was nearly 10 years ago (at least that I am aware of - there could have been earlier signings) and there were several Shazam! Books done. I have posted about that signing several times.

I have the paperwork from 2011 showing the four books you got signed at that show(three Shazam! 1s and a Shazam! 11).

It was also the same show where Margot Kidder wanted a piece of @seanfingh, and who could blame her?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:29 PM, GACollectibles said:

I have the paperwork from 2011 showing the four books you got signed at that show(three Shazam! 1s and a Shazam! 11).

It was also the same show where Margot Kidder wanted a piece of @seanfingh, and who could blame her?

True dat. Those pics are on an old phone. Not as good as Linda Hamilton tho . . .