• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Hanna-Barbera :)
2 2

64 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2023 at 6:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

My third most wanted Hanna and one of my top most wanted childhood books.  It was my first exposure to Dynomutt. Got mine originally in the early 80's in a school yard type trade.

Turned down some lower CGC graded copies over the years as I figured  9.8's or 9.8 raw candidates would show up but to date none have. 9.6 remains census highest, besides the "normal" Marvel Hanna reasons, the dark purple background on top half of the book maybe a contributing factor as to why?

Apologies to Comic_Memories for scooping this up; for you it's one of the few need to the complete your Hanna Marvel set but for me its the product of 15 years or so of searching. BTW folks we DM'd on the side Comic_Memories is a true class act!

Dynomutt3.thumb.jpg.b5a380671ad4836b2934ffafd330e35f.jpg

Beauty, hopefully another comes along soon! Getting a new scanner and then I'll post a few books that are also as scarce as this guy in my H.B. Set.  Thanks for the kind words. :smile: 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:19 PM, All-Star Squadman said:

Recent acquisition, Laff page with Elroy Jetson.

Noticing this may be situation where Original 1-of-A-Kind Comic Art may cost less than the comic book in high grade

image.thumb.png.bed1a2e8178d773114849c09a04c7464.png

If Art is not welcome in this topic my apologies, but if it is welcome I have more Hanna Marvel I will post.

More than welcome! Thats neat your one page has about 11 different cartoon characters.  

In surprisingly heavy bidding had to beat back the ol' time wolves on eBay for this cover about 17 years ago.

As the item hammered higher than the seller expected they threw in a free Marvel Scooby Page. 

Marvel Hanna-Barbara in 9.6 & 9.8 may be rare but the Original Art Cover are hens tooth scarce. I've been collecting art since the late 90's and have only seen 4 in total, 1 of which was missing stats.

Art by the Paul Norris co-creator of Aquaman.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdbd17398fdda3c621a662d2632f5f28.jpeg

The Scoob page by Spiegal the kind seller added as a gift.

image.thumb.jpeg.4ad767f1434924bef55509851fed059a.jpeg

Edited by All-Star Squadman

On 4/2/2023 at 1:53 PM, All-Star Squadman said:

In surprisingly heavy bidding had to beat back the ol' time wolves on eBay for this cover about 17 years ago.

As the item hammered higher than the seller expected they threw in a free Marvel Scooby Page. 

Marvel Hanna-Barbara in 9.6 & 9.8 may be rare but the Original Art Cover are hens tooth scarce. I've been collecting art since the late 90's and have only seen 4 in total, 1 of which was missing stats.

Art by the Paul Norris co-creator of Aquaman.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdbd17398fdda3c621a662d2632f5f28.jpeg

The Scoob page by Spiegal the kind seller added as a gift.

image.thumb.jpeg.4ad767f1434924bef55509851fed059a.jpeg

The book that goes with your cover art,

dynomutt 2 cgc 9.8.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 9:19 PM, All-Star Squadman said:

Recent acquisition, Laff page with Elroy Jetson.

Noticing this may be situation where Original 1-of-A-Kind Comic Art may cost less than the comic book in high grade

image.thumb.png.bed1a2e8178d773114849c09a04c7464.png

If Art is not welcome in this topic my apologies, but if it is welcome I have more Hanna Marvel I will post.

what a great page! Congrats on finding it -- these pages don't turn up often!

On 4/22/2023 at 9:37 AM, comic_memories said:

Had this for a few decades and sub'd it 2 years ago. Tough in high grade. The usual condition story of a black cover.

laff a lympics 12 cgc 9.6 w manitoba.jpg

The spine on #12 is a huge challenge.  When I evaluate a book I start with the spine. I'd guess most other collectors start with corners or edges but for me a perfect spine outweighs other defects.

Kudos on your great eye all that time ago.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, MAR1979 said:

The spine on #12 is a huge challenge.  When I evaluate a book I start with the spine. I'd guess most other collectors start with corners or edges but for me a perfect spine outweighs other defects.

Kudos on your great eye all that time ago.

Thanks, 9.6 is best so far. How about 13?  Someone had a healthy stash of these. So far 9 at 9.8 ! You and I appreciate how crazy high that number is for these titles and a non-first issue. 

laff a lympics 13 CGC 9.8 w.jpg

On 4/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, comic_memories said:

Thanks, 9.6 is best so far. How about 13?  Someone had a healthy stash of these. So far 9 at 9.8 ! You and I appreciate how crazy high that number is for these titles and a non-first issue. 

laff a lympics 13 CGC 9.8 w.jpg

Yeah they hit about 4-5 years back. I'd had searched for a copy since 2000 then suddenly they were "everywhere". #13 was my number one Marvel HB Grail and one of my top 10 most sought after books from my 1980's childhood quarter bin days so I ain't complaining.

Laff-a-Lympics13.thumb.jpg.5ef630ffe0edcbc2c720f978c6f8e291.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

Noticed this enjoyable topic was bumped.  I may not own any of the Marvel Comics Group distributed Hanna-Barbera comics, but collecting the art from them over the years has been very fun.

A favorite Laff page of mine. Love the comment under the Characters names; "Hokey Wolf" "Lamb Collector" Classic!

Poor Cindy Bear :cry:

image.thumb.jpeg.b9d44f46d46661a8412b6d658540cf9b.jpeg

Edited by All-Star Squadman

Finally found an upgrade for my 9.0. Not the ideal spine but it's the first copy I have ever seen in this grade. One of 2 copies graded and none higher. Comments are wrong. This copy should also say Dave Stevens art, Alex Toth cover and art. Newer slabs have the right documentation. 

Appearances by Space Ghost and The Herculoids. First and only at Marvel? And Dynomutt and Blue Falcon.

TV Stars 3 CGC 9.6 w.jpg

On 11/12/2023 at 10:39 AM, comic_memories said:

Finally found an upgrade for my 9.0. Not the ideal spine but it's the first copy I have ever seen in this grade. One of 2 copies graded and none higher. Comments are wrong. This copy should also say Dave Stevens art, Alex Toth cover and art. Newer slabs have the right documentation. 

Appearances by Space Ghost and The Herculoids. First and only at Marvel? And Dynomutt and Blue Falcon.

TV Stars 3 CGC 9.6 w.jpg

Don't worry about the wrap life's too short. If one is picky with Marvel's Hanna's they'll almost never get any. 'sides it looks GREAT! I for one am jelly

I just checked the 3 Funtastic World Of Hanna-Barbera Treasury's no Space Ghost, no Herculoids. You are correct, TV Stars 3 is their only Full app in a Marvel published book.  Both are seen on a Biography page in Laff 11.  My opinion is the Bio page doesn't really count.

image.thumb.png.ff9d47266e0f8f3d8440891f03ec2a54.png

Edited by MAR1979