• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Hanna-Barbera :)
2 2

64 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, Garystar said:

Front and back;

621BBE0B-FA22-4311-8FAA-8859553186DE.thumb.jpeg.419d2f01a28132efb77b264fbaed579e.jpeg

DD81EBD5-17AD-44A5-A7AC-E3B6AF86A824.thumb.jpeg.b8547426d460a6900ca51127bc8340cf.jpeg

Wow that is outstanding! Never knew those existed.

For BF (Blue Falcon) fans Dynomutt #2 is pretty much the cover on which he is featured most predominantly. Penciled by Paul Norris co-creator of Aquaman.

Edited by MAR1979

Here is one of the unique (of many) Marvel Hanna Barbera's.   

TV Stars 3,12/78.  All Super Hero Special issue with Space Ghost story and cover art by ALEX TOTH and scripts by Mark Evanier. The Herculoids Cauldron of Disaster with inks by DAVE STEVENS. Dynomutt and Blue Falcon Appearance.

81983fac12ff6bb846eb4887c3306b43.jpg

Edited by comic_memories

The above, right on time for the 50th Anniversary of Flintstones Fruity & Cocoa Pebbles Cereal, which debuted in October, 1971, a half century ago, and three years after the still popular Flintstones children's vitamins. I wonder how many kids who eat that cereal or regularly take those vitamins today even know who The Flintstones are, haha. 

I was a little too young to buy these comics when new, but have a lot of nostalgia for the cartoons of that era, so I picked up a nice set of #1's (less TV Stars, which wasn't on my list made by going through an entire Overstreet PG, so I'll sure be paying more for that one eventually, than I did for the others) and a set of the treasuries throughout the early 90's.

Wonderful thread, thank you, contributors.

Thats a nice copy! Personally, I think most of them are tough.  Unconventional, Newstand only and not the kind of books Marvel fans would buy at the time (I know I didn't) I think most copies were well read and enjoyed by a younger crowd. With some exceptions such as first issues. Someone always hordes those. An Interesting thing about ALL the Dynomutt issues  that Scooby Doo fans may not be aware of is that one story in each book is continued into the Scooby Doo Marvel title.  The comments on (Dynomutt 5) CGC case should read.    .... Scooby Doo Back-up Story, Continued in Scooby Doo 6. 

RCO030_1470391660.jpg

scooby doo 6 cgc 9.6 w.jpg

Edited by comic_memories