• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my first submission back - it appears damaged. Now what?
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Update:  They just emailed me and said it could take up to 79 business days.  I'm trying super hard to stay calm about it at this point.  No apologies, no credit offers, no nothing.  Just complete shxt service.  By the time all is said and done, they might have this thing for about 14 months total, and that's if it isn't late this time, and that's IF it's not damaged again.  Whoever runs the customer service department needs to get booted out on his as$.

Edited by heyimjason

On 12/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, heyimjason said:

Update:  They just emailed me and said it could take up to 79 business days.  I'm trying super hard to stay calm about it at this point.  No apologies, no credit offers, no nothing.  Just complete shxt service.  By the time all is said and done, they might have this thing for about 14 months total, and that's if it isn't late this time, and that's IF it's not damaged again.  Whoever runs the customer service department needs to get booted out on his as$.

I hate saying it, but welcome to the club.  I only sent in 20 this year, back in April.  I got them back in late October, only to turn around and send them all back because of cracks in each case.  For newer folks, this is what they walked into the past year or two.  For old farts like me, we've had to watch it all go downhill for awhile.  It was enough for me to stop submitting comics…for good.  There are many others going through similar problems.

The point is, keep fighting to have things made right by CGC.  That is all you can do right now.  Best of luck. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

On 12/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, heyimjason said:

That's horrible. Anything like that should move right up the chain, no questions.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:46 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Since you brought it up, here are two examples (of several) slabs I received in the past week where this little piece of plastic is loose within the slab. On all of them with this issue, I cannot figure out where it comes from, or if it is even from each particular comic slab. Also, two of my returned subs have several comics that are slightly loose or c o c k -eyed within the slab. Very similar to the larger photo here.

Not sure about the hassle of re-slabbing just for a little piece of plastic, but it is annoying to say the least.

Piece of Plastic in Case.png

Piece of Plastic in Case 2.png

Piece of Plastic in Case 3.png

I would NEED to get that re-slabbed. I couldn't stand looking at it. OCD

As for the books being crooked in the slab, i believe it has to do with the newest strategy to end newton rings and get rid of the scuffing.

The.books now have room to slide around in there. You can tap it back straight but I also believe this is causing a new problem. Books are bending, possibly from being shaken during shipping. Ive returned three slabs to. Ebay sellers in the past month because the books were literally bent in the slab. They were all graded in 2021. 

I've been emailing for almost 2 weeks now with no reply.  I've also been calling, but whether I call accounting directly or get transferred, I hear terrible hold music for 5 or 10 minutes, then it tells me to leave a message.  I've done that, and no calls back.  It's impossible to reach the accounting department there.  I am shocked at how much more terrible this whole thing has gotten.  What the hell is going on over there?