• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2021 comicartlive
1 1

29 posts in this topic

I might as well start a thread since I didn't see one.

How did everyone do? I didn't set up this time as my sell pile is super low.

I did buy a lot more than expected, at least 5 pieces and likely 7. I would mention it here but I don't like to talk about art I got until it's in hand :bigsmile:

Malvin

On 11/13/2021 at 4:03 PM, Will_K said:

I saw a small piece but it wasn't a "must have".   Decided to hold off and maybe I could get it on Sunday if was still available.  It's been sold.  So one less thing for me to worry about.

heh.. I think maybe 1 or 2 pieces I bought are "must have", the rest are probably more like nice to have but I bought them because I have been busy so no time to look for art.  One piece I pulled the trigger too fast because I didn't read the description carefully, but at least it was my cheapest purchase.

Malvin

I'm new to the whole original art thing so I just browse.  One of my absolute grails in all of collecting is a Jim Lee/Scott Williams Hush cover.  I imagine those are expensive to come by, so I'm realistically setting my sights a little lower at one of their covers from the Batman/Catwoman run.  Not buying now, but seeing a cover on ComicArtLive at least informs me on roughly what amount I need to save to make this a reality.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, Carlo M said:

Is there going to be a new art drop today like was the case in the previous editions?

11am eastern

and I slashed prices last night on my satuday stuff if anyone wants to check it out while waiting for the drop today!

https://www.comicartfans.com/comicartlive/Booth.asp?bid=176

I'm done for today (I think). 

Bought 1 piece, a lot less than the 7 I bought yesterday, but today's was a higher end piece (e.g. 1/3 the value of the combined 7 I bought yesterday).

Overall I think I was surprised as to how much I bought and I'm still pleased this show is happening.

Malvin

I was too slow for one I really wanted, thems the breaks though.  Hopefully it went to someone who wanted it for their collection and I won’t see it with an all caps red ‘inquire’ next to it soon.  Still very happy as I did get a nice 80s era John Bolton sketch at what I felt was a very reasonable price.  Thank you if the seller is reading this.  Mix was broad in terms of fair pricing and things that belong on attempted flip of the day.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:02 PM, Sean- said:

I was too slow for one I really wanted, thems the breaks though.  Hopefully it went to someone who wanted it for their collection and I won’t see it with an all caps red ‘inquire’ next to it soon.  Still very happy as I did get a nice 80s era John Bolton sketch at what I felt was a very reasonable price.  Thank you if the seller is reading this.  Mix was broad in terms of fair pricing and things that belong on attempted flip of the day.

I saw that Bolton sketch after it sold. Congrats on getting it, I would have bought it if it was still available 

Malvin 

Was fortunate to pick up some nice pieces and I enjoyed looking at all the art but some of these prices are bonkos. If I can buy a commission from an artist for $150 who is buying a pre-done one for double or more that price? OA pages that go for $150-300 listed for $900 or more and then obviously not selling. 

I am looking forward to the next one where I can hopefully find a piece or two in my price range. 

I bought one piece an unpublished cove which I thought was a great price. Not a series I read but characters well known to all. I sold one piece. There were a number of pieces that tempted me but tend to be more selective these days. I did commission one artist, same one I commissioned last ComicArtLive. Never got a response on the price earlier this year. Maybe will be a response this time. All in all a fun con, piece I got I really like, the previous CAL I got a coverI had been coveting from a collectors gallery for years.

nightwing_Alfred_return_1.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck