• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2021 comicartlive
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, NinjaSealed said:

No sales or purchases for me, which is of a bummer since I had sold and bought things from both of the previous ones. 

A lot of pricing was simply absurd this show. I saw a fair amount of stuff that I feel was 3-5x FMV even in this market, and some prices higher.

I used to think the same with some of these items being overpriced. However, last year ComicArtLive, I sold a Zacks Kraven's Last Hunt page for $7K. Six months later, it sells for $28K in Heritage and immediately re-sells for $43K. 

They seem overpriced during the Comic Art Live sells event, but they can quickly skyrocket during an auction.  I will not be surprised if we see some of these pages in one of the upcoming auctions. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-zeck-and-bob-mcleod-spectacular-spider-man-131-story-page-21-kraven-s-last-hunt-original-art-marvel-1987-/a/7242-91021.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I put in a half-hearted effort to sell before the last 24 hours of posting because I don’t have much else left to sell. The first three shows depleted my inventory and with no comic-cons before the recent revivals, I just haven’t had the opportunity to replenish. In the last 24 hours I cobbled together a few pieces I had forgotten about, scanned them Saturday morning, and I was posting literally to the last minute. 

For anyone who pays attention to who sells what and for how much, the two Batman pieces I had up were mainly for show to give folks a reason to visit my booth. I’d rather keep them than sell them and so they had “aspirational” pricing. It was the price to pay to pry them out of my hands. Hey, at least they were fresh to market. But relatively to other comparable pieces, my price tag wasn’t as egregious as others. Otherwise, you just don’t know what market value is nowadays. You could possibly leave a lot of money on the table. Honestly, I’m less concerned with that than having my wares be bought out to dealers and known flippers. I don’t want to make it profitable to them. 

I ended up selling 7 out of 14 pieces. I only made about 10% of what I made the first and third show, but it pays down my art tab. Every single sale I made was $80 or under. There’s a need for that cheap art. I’m happy to provide it. 

Other than that, I made a trade with a dealer. My cover for his interior. Very happy with my get. 

Lastly, I believe I eventually browsed through every piece of art on the Sunday drop thanks to the handy search function. I did it piecemeal over the morning and afternoon. I just can’t dedicate another 2 hours (3 hours on Saturday) sitting in front of the computer shopping for art with my wife and kids at home. So please post the good stuff on Saturday. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, Rick2you2 said:

It would have been nice to have a selector tab permitting a review of Sunday only additions for sale. I didn’t like going through the same pieces twice.

On the search page, you could select days.