• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arcane on Netflix
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Netflix and Riot Games have confirmed that a second season of “Arcane,” the streamer’s hit “League of Legends”-based animated series, is officially on the way. The two companies made the announcement at the conclusion of a fan event on Saturday evening.

“We’re beyond happy about the positive response to ‘Arcane’s’ first season and are working hard with the creative wizards at Riot and [French animation studio] Fortiche to deliver our second installment,” series co-creators Christian Linke and Alex Yee said in a statement.

While details are still under wraps about the second season of the series, Hailee Steinfeld, Ella Purnell and Katie Leung have all been confirmed to reprise their respective voice roles of Vi, Jinx and Caitlyn Kiramman. The second season of “Arcane” will be executed produced by Linke, alongside Marc Merrill, Brandon Beck, Jane Chung and Thomas Vu. No release date has been announced.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, gadzukes said:

I don't see any of the characters from the show there.  How big is this League of Legends world?

I'm totally new to this as well. The show just blew me away how solid it was.

So I have questions too. :insane:

On 11/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm totally new to this as well. The show just blew me away how solid it was.

So I have questions too. :insane:

The creators may have underestimated how popular this was going to be.  They could have had a ton of comic content ready for sale for the holidays.  I do see a lot of awesome sculptures listed on ebay of the characters..... but I'm not a sculpture guy.

1.jpeg

2.png

3.png

From what I could find online, the show is loosely based on the characters in the game. For example, it was only hinted Vi and Jinx were sisters in the game.

There was no Powder in the game. I saw a lot of gamers commenting that they were excited to see her origin.

First thing I looked for was a comic book too! I'm sure we'll see it shortly.

Edited by I like pie

On 11/22/2021 at 11:50 AM, Iceman399 said:

Ugh you guys are gunna make me watch it.  I haven't touched it cause I've been out of the LOL world for a while now and figured I wouldn't know enough of the details to enjoy it.

Poor guy..... you're only going to have to suffer thru one of the greatest animated series there's ever been.

The hype here is real.

You'll be thanking us later.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, JasonTodd69 said:

Started Watching Arcane... It is actually great. Loved the build up, animation, scripting, and the Characters. 

That 'making of' video above conveys how much work the original creator went through to pull this off so wonderfully.

I'm impressed. Especially that they wanted to ensure a traditional studio didn't screw it up.

:applause:

On 11/24/2021 at 2:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

That 'making of' video above conveys how much work the original creator went through to pull this off so wonderfully.

I'm impressed. Especially that they wanted to ensure a traditional studio didn't screw it up.

:applause:

It shows the amount of the love the creators had.. for the characters and for the show.. Btw there are more than 140 characters so, there is potential for 4-5 seasons. I am on episode 6 tho rn..