• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arcane on Netflix
2 2

75 posts in this topic

Just finished the series in about 4 days and i'm obsessed.  Like "I might have to go back and re-watch it again" obsessed.  Like you've all pointed out the animation is wonderful, the steam punk vibe of the early episodes was cool, the music just matches the vibe of the series so well, and the characters are just superb.  If there's ever a comic, I'm all in.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the show since I finished it the other night.  Did you guys check out the music video for "Enemy" (the title track)?  It adds another layer of backstory for Ekko and Powder that I felt wasn't touched upon in depth in the show.  As a result, the music video really heightens one particular moment in the show (I won't say which moment in case people haven't seen the show yet).

On 12/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, ExNihilo said:

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the show since I finished it the other night.  Did you guys check out the music video for "Enemy" (the title track)?  It adds another layer of backstory for Ekko and Powder that I felt wasn't touched upon in depth in the show.  As a result, the music video really heightens one particular moment in the show (I won't say which moment in case people haven't seen the show yet).

Thanks for posting this. I don't know how I missed it!

On 12/18/2021 at 8:36 PM, AGGIEZ said:

I’m 5 episodes in with my 14yr old….we’re loving it! The animation is absolutely incredible! I’d LOVE to see a Zelda series with this animation!!!

I hope this becomes the new standard in animation. I wonder how much longer it takes to pull off this quality vs a standard animated show.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:09 AM, ExNihilo said:

It's so underappreciated in my opinion.  Everyone gets turned off because they hear "it's animated" and "it's based on a video game".  I have such a hard time trying to convince people to give it a try, it's a bit frustrating.

It's like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Being an animated movie, it just didn't pull in the general audience mass appeal. Though it did 4.2x production budget (huge win).

Then word-of-mouth spread and the home theater market took off. Domestic alone it has done over $47m.

1996314519_Screenshot_20220223-0507072.thumb.png.e480e3f6e889efeb9c69b3c2bd06693d.png

On 12/18/2021 at 7:24 AM, CrocHntr said:

the best animated series I’ve ever seen. Amazing voice acting, top notch plot, and musical score is unmatched from anything I’ve seen before.  One of the best series I’ve seen this year.

Think the voice of Ekko is Hailey Steinfeld of Hawkeye tv and Transformers IV (the good movie). Only 2 episodes in. Surprised 'Arcane' used a great sounding Motown song. Still no 'Arcane' graphic novel yet.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, ExNihilo said:

You mean Vi is voiced by Hailee Steinfeld.

+1. 4 episodes in to 'Arcane' and the series is getting better with a sympathetic villain and more character development esp. with the 2 younger scientists. When will a comic or graphic novel be released of 'Arcane'?

On 3/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, aardvark88 said:

+1. 4 episodes in to 'Arcane' and the series is getting better with a sympathetic villain and more character development esp. with the 2 younger scientists. When will a comic or graphic novel be released of 'Arcane'?

Every month since release I've checked DCBS for "Arcane" and every month I've been disappointed.  They really haven't licensed out that much good official merchandise which has been surprising as well.  I keep waiting for them to release a vinyl version of the soundtrack, preferably pressed with the graphic used in the intro title crawl, but nothing.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:04 AM, ExNihilo said:

for "Arcane".  They really haven't licensed out that much good official merchandise which has been surprising as well.

OK, streamed all 9 episodes. Impressed with world building, rain drops, 3-D effect of firelytes, costume design and no dialogue emotional scenes. 9/10.