• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with CCS?

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. CCS pressing has always had a much longer turnaround time than grading alone.  Pressing is a much more time consuming process.  A single book might pass through our pressing machines multiple times to press out as many defects as possible.  There are also a limited number of pressing machines available so this does add to the time it takes to complete this process.  We are working hard to improve these turnaround times as quickly as we can while still ensuring the qualify of our services. We are hopeful that with the processes that we are currently testing out, this will help to bring down all of our turnaround times. We do apologize for any inconvenience the longer turnaround times may cause.  

Thank you!

ravenphoenix did you do fast track or just regular time frame?

I have one that has been there since 06/03/21 for pressing and it is at 130 working days and I did set it up for fast track pressing and grading. Was hoping it would be moving over to grading soon.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, cklamer said:

ravenphoenix did you do fast track or just regular time frame?

I have one that has been there since 06/03/21 for pressing and it is at 130 working days and I did set it up for fast track pressing and grading. Was hoping it would be moving over to grading soon.

cklamer, I think I've got you beat.  I sent in two Fast Track Pressing & Grading submissions and they were delivered to CGC on 4/6/21.  They hit my Submission Tracking list on 5/13/21.  I was charged by CCS for the two submissions on 8/24/21. 

Now using today's date, 11/30/21, and the 4/6/21 delivery date, that's 164 business days.  Actually, 166, including Columbus Day and Veteran's Day. Current documented time of FT Pressing is 158 days.  So I'm now beyond 158 days.

I've contacted CGC by e-mail and by phone numerous times and zilch happens.  I spoke to a Lorraine in customer service last week and she herself didn't think something was right.  She said she was going to contact pressing to find out what was going on and would get back to me if she heard anything from CCS.  I never heard anything and still my submissions sit at "CCS in Process."  :facepalm:

@Jennifer F.

Edited by workingdog
sentence structure

• Administrator

Good morning,

You can certainly provide your submission number and I can check to see if it is behind for that tier.  If it is behind where it should be we can locate it and rush it through.  However, since you have already spoken with customer service they may already be doing that in your case.  Please note that it can take quite some time to locate one order.  We only have a limited staff that we can pull from their regular work to look for an order and they may have to go through potentially thousands of submissions to locate it. We will do our best to get it moving as quickly as we can.

Thank you!

On 12/1/2021 at 9:31 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

You can certainly provide your submission number and I can check to see if it is behind for that tier.  If it is behind where it should be we can locate it and rush it through.  However, since you have already spoken with customer service they may already be doing that in your case.  Please note that it can take quite some time to locate one order.  We only have a limited staff that we can pull from their regular work to look for an order and they may have to go through potentially thousands of submissions to locate it. We will do our best to get it moving as quickly as we can.

Thank you!

Wow. No one cares about CGC's problems. These problems have existed since before COVID and the only change people have really seen is the company being sold to a raider. What you are actually saying is if - for example - I changed my mind and showed up in person and said "I want my book(s) right now", no one would know where it(they) are.

But, I get it. The customer allows this kind of behavior, disorganization and blaise attitude from CGC. They keep sending things in. Although I doubt it's in good faith. I imagine by now, it's with a wing and a prayer. "Oh GOD I hope everything goes smoothly".  So, they send things in, wait almost a year and perhaps get their material back undamaged and in good order. Perhaps. But the mounting stories of damage, loss of items or damage of items and CGC offering some lowball wholesale replacement value are becoming very loud. And when someone has enough reason to call the press and a reporter is interested enough to make it a lead story, that's when the problems for CGC will begin. Because I'd be willing to bet CGC doesn't think it HAS a problem.