Login Problems
8 8

136 posts in this topic

  • Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, bc said:

Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop (fully patched).

-bc

Thank you. If you clear your cookies and cache, does it still happen? I'm sorry if you've already provided this information elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, dena said:

Thank you. If you clear your cookies and cache, does it still happen?

Yes it does - was just battling the circular login issue right before you posted that's why it caught my eye.

-bc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:47 AM, bc said:

Yes it does - was just battling the circular login issue right before you posted that's why it caught my eye.

-bc

Got it, thanks. We are looking into a cookie expiration theory for the cause though I want to be sure I am addressing everyone still having this problem so we can follow up on every scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

I previously tried deleting cookies and it did nothing.

Edited by Muno42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Muno42 said:

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

I previously tried deleting cookies and it did nothing.

Same experience here.

-bc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Muno42 said:

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

I previously tried deleting cookies and it did nothing.

Thank you. After logging out of the entire CGC site and then back in, has it continued to work as expected or do you have to do that log out process every time you return?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, dena said:

Thank you. After logging out of the entire CGC site and then back in, has it continued to work as expected or do you have to do that log out process every time you return?

I have to perform that procedure every time I return.

-bc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This might be well known, but I've had luck signing out at the main cgc page the signing back in on the forums as a workaround (again, knowing me I'm probably the 10th post on it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, Mystafo said:

This might be well known, but I've had luck signing out at the main cgc page the signing back in on the forums as a workaround (again, knowing me I'm probably the 10th post on it).

If anyone wants to try it directly (without finding it on the main CGC page), they can try logging out with this link:  https://www.cgccomics.com/account/logout/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mac OS / iOS with Safari.

The ‘clear cookies and website data’ fix.

Edited by Ken Aldred
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Windows 10 is no problema so far ... but for what it's worth, when I was experiencing non functionality, it was always preceded by problems with the "like" button ... "problems submitting your request" and such. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 6:41 AM, dena said:

If you are still having login issues, would you please post here and let us know what browser and device you are on? 

Very infrequent now but clearing cookies doesnt help.  Incognito window used to work then stopped working.  Logging out then back in works.  Only have to do it once.  Samsung chromebook XE500-C13.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 7:52 AM, Muno42 said:

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

I previously tried deleting cookies and it did nothing.

My experiance, as well. I've got it down pat, so it takes about ten seconds but it is annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chrome/ Mac OS

Happened to me as recently as yesterday.  As noted above, the only way for me to log back in is to log out of the CGC account, log back in, then go to the chat boards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8