• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Login Problems
5 5

153 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, bc said:

Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop (fully patched).

-bc

Thank you. If you clear your cookies and cache, does it still happen? I'm sorry if you've already provided this information elsewhere.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, dena said:

Thank you. If you clear your cookies and cache, does it still happen?

Yes it does - was just battling the circular login issue right before you posted that's why it caught my eye.

-bc

• Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:47 AM, bc said:

Yes it does - was just battling the circular login issue right before you posted that's why it caught my eye.

-bc

Got it, thanks. We are looking into a cookie expiration theory for the cause though I want to be sure I am addressing everyone still having this problem so we can follow up on every scenario.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Muno42 said:

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

I previously tried deleting cookies and it did nothing.

Same experience here.

-bc

• Administrator
On 11/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Muno42 said:

This happened the other day. I am on a Mac with Chrome. I found that if I go to my profile and log out of the entire CGC site, I can then log back in and avoid the issue.

Thank you. After logging out of the entire CGC site and then back in, has it continued to work as expected or do you have to do that log out process every time you return?

On 11/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, Mystafo said:

This might be well known, but I've had luck signing out at the main cgc page the signing back in on the forums as a workaround (again, knowing me I'm probably the 10th post on it).

If anyone wants to try it directly (without finding it on the main CGC page), they can try logging out with this link:  https://www.cgccomics.com/account/logout/

Mac OS / iOS with Safari.

The ‘clear cookies and website data’ fix.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Windows 10 is no problema so far ... but for what it's worth, when I was experiencing non functionality, it was always preceded by problems with the "like" button ... "problems submitting your request" and such. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/16/2021 at 6:41 AM, dena said:

If you are still having login issues, would you please post here and let us know what browser and device you are on? 

Very infrequent now but clearing cookies doesnt help.  Incognito window used to work then stopped working.  Logging out then back in works.  Only have to do it once.  Samsung chromebook XE500-C13.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:52 AM, Muno42 said:

My experiance, as well. I've got it down pat, so it takes about ten seconds but it is annoying.