• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Login Problems
5 5

153 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, universal soldier said:

I had a login issue for the first time in quite a while today and when I clicked on login, the drop downs were not working. There is a JavaScript error that prevents the sub nav items (childNodes) from showing up and making the log out link inaccessible (see below). Luckily, I have it book marked in case  I need it. https://www.cgccomics.com/account/logout

I also noticed, but did not screen shot, the cookies that are/were controlling the login are not there anymore? I didn't dig too much but there have definitely been some changes that appear to not have worked. IIRC, there were two login cookies set and both were due to expire today. 

2021-12-23_11-08-29.thumb.jpg.75ca8e124eaf6d86397c08ad41dab526.jpg

I gave bad intel, the cookies are there but the communityLoggedIn that gets set on the main site is back to a session cookie. Both of these had the had the same expired/max age set the other day. 

2021-12-23_11-47-01.thumb.jpg.89cf0e0e7ea9a705c69636bc64d5ee4e.jpg

After some time, now I have a circular login issue with a change of flavor - 

1) I am informed that I am not logged in

2) I click "Existing user? Sign in

3) I get directed to the cgccomics.com home page

4) I log out and log back in like I have done before

5) I click on the Chat Boards tab

6) I am at the Forum landing page

7) I click any link, including notifications, I immediately get back to step 1) above

I can't get out of it - Chrome on Mac

I try on Safari and it's OK, which is how I am writing this.  

On 11/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, dena said:

If you are still having login issues, would you please post here and let us know what browser and device you are on? 

Still having problems. Happened just now. Currently on Chrome. Does the same thing it did 2 months ago

Edited by William-James88

I've been having multiple problems for days. Today I couldn't sign in for a while, then I couldn't edit a post after trying 5 times. I finally signed into another browser...signing in and out of just Chrome was not working.

Most of the morning, I was watching the spinning half circles...even though I would sign in and out.

When I log in to the main site (Windows 10, Chrome, multiple laptop/desktops, all up to date and fully patched), I have similar issues: "resources", "submit" and "grading" are all clickable, but nothing happens.   "Chat boards", "news", "CCS Pressing" and "Trading cards" all work as expected.  The "MyCGC" account info icon is also clickable but nothing happens.  Clearing cache/cookies doesn't solve the issue.

If I use (shudder) Microsoft Edge on the same laptop or desktop, everything works.

• Administrator
On 1/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, Finhead said:

Having the same issues as before for the last week. Go to main CGC site log out, log back in then go to the chat  board from the main page what a PITA. @CGC Mike any word on fixing this ongoing issue?

Sorry, no word yet.  I will check at the end of the week.  I know everyone is real busy fixing things.  

These login issues are ridiculous.  I can see my "account info", but accessing the boards is a no-go except when using my phone. I've changed nothing on my end that would cause this. 

Edit: One upside I just noticed is my avatar looks normal on the phone. 

Edited by steveinthecity

On 1/14/2022 at 1:09 AM, Transplant said:
On 1/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

I know everyone is real busy fixing things.  

What exactly are they fixing? Things? But not login issues, etc? 

@CGC Mike

curious what cgc is actually fixing? Invoices dropping after 8 months? Login issues? What is actually being fixed? 

• Administrator
On 1/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Transplant said:

@CGC Mike

curious what cgc is actually fixing? Invoices dropping after 8 months? Login issues? What is actually being fixed? 

People are working on fixing both of these issues.  I am told it's a very complicated process.  We ask that you be patient a while longer.  

Delete specific cookies
  1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click More Settings .
  3. Click Privacy and security. Cookies and other site data.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions.
  5. At the top right, search for the website's name.
  6. To the right of the site, click Remove .
  7. To confirm, click Clear.