• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk 377
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Hey there lovely experts! 

Please would you grade my Incredible Hulk 377 3rd print. 

I hunted down the 3rd print of #377 a few years ago, after I stumbled across a 2nd print and realised (25years after buying the 1st print) that I loved the cover. It just catches my imagination as an iconic image of Banner 'hulking out'. 

However finding the 3rd print in a price that wasn't simply far more than I'd ever spent on a comic before, was tough. It took me months, the book pictured was eventually found and ordered and was shipped to the UK from Italy, it wasn't quite that simple however, as it took over two months for the postal system to deliver it, by which time I'd claimed a refund from the seller, just as I was giving up hope I'd ever see the book it arrived, I repaid the seller minus delivery costs and was happy. 

So I've cleaned and pressed it and it presents well. It has a few small spine ticks and two more serious issues which 'hide well' upon presentation:  

1) There's a 9mm tear at the bottom of the spine

2) The bottom staple has popped through the cover leaving it detached

So in your experience what would these two issues do to the grade?

IMG_6173.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

IMG_6177.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG

IMG_6179.JPG

IMG_6180.JPG

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

Cover detachment at one staple would put you in the FN range. A tear of that size should be acceptable in that range but the book looks to have had an impacted corner along with moderate spine stress.

Thanks for posting.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, grendelbo said:

Cover detachment at one staple would put you in the FN range. A tear of that size should be acceptable in that range but the book looks to have had an impacted corner along with moderate spine stress.

Thanks for posting.

Agreed.  On a good day, this could see a 5.5/6.0…don’t hold your breath though. 🤙