• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Else Notice an Increase in Price of Some Sellers' Bags

19 posts in this topic

image.png.77185e083b5a4c86a9a1f3cbc4bd6fe5.png

Holy Ravioli Batman! I noticed this price increase recently from one popular seller on Amazon. I still see it listed as 9.99 for some sellers, last time I ordered though they weren't resealable. What do you think? Is Bill Gates behind it? hehe

On 11/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, jerosity said:

Holy Ravioli Batman! I noticed this price increase recently from one popular seller on Amazon. I still see it listed as 9.99 for some sellers, last time I ordered though they weren't resealable. What do you think? Is Bill Gates behind it? hehe

The FTC is looking into it. lol

Pandemic!

Supply chain!

No one's fault!

Those are the excuses but anyone paying attention knows what's going on.

I went to KFC last Saturday. The door was locked and there was a mile long line at the drive through. They had to keep the door locked because only 2 people showed up to work.

The gas station I go to has help needed signs in the window. $14.00 to start...to work the cash register.

No one wants to work anymore.

Edited by lostboys

For some oddball reason I like the comicare 3 mil polyethylene silver age bags. I know they are a bit cloudy but with a certain size board they fit tight and I use the silver age on all age comics. I did a google search mid pandemic and found a small toy store with a online/physical store that sold these bags and comics boxes. They where $5.99 a pack so I bought all they had (16 packs). They where out of stock for about 8 months and now they are $10 a pack on their site. I thought they would last at least a year or two but I have a problem of rebadging and boarding comics I buy with bags and boards so I’m down to about three packs. 

On 11/19/2021 at 1:23 AM, lostboys said:

No one wants to work anymore.

Yeah, a lot of people did some soul searching and decided they didn't want to work crappy jobs where they get treated like garbage.  It's not that people don't want to work - they just don't want to work THOSE jobs.  All of my friends in retail and restaurant biz - from owners to wait staff/"associates" - said working through COVID has been BRUTAL.  

This lack of help goes hand-in-hand with the "supply chain issues" you poo-pooed above.  Some of the problem is that the nation is down thousands of truck drivers.  If there's no trucks moving product, then there's no product to sell.  

On 11/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, djzombi said:

Yeah, a lot of people did some soul searching and decided they didn't want to work crappy jobs where they get treated like garbage.  It's not that people don't want to work - they just don't want to work THOSE jobs.  All of my friends in retail and restaurant biz - from owners to wait staff/"associates" - said working through COVID has been BRUTAL.  

This lack of help goes hand-in-hand with the "supply chain issues" you poo-pooed above.  Some of the problem is that the nation is down thousands of truck drivers.  If there's no trucks moving product, then there's no product to sell.  

So have your friends who quit these jobs in retail and restaurants found the "greener grass?"  What are they doing now for work?  One of the great unanswered questions of the pandemic is, "How are the millions who have stopped working paying for food?"  

On 11/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I say get the 9.99 while you can.

Guess resealable polybags cost more. Regular 100 comic polybags pricing in Canada from:

1. High rent downtown: $12 plus taxes

2. At local comicon: $10 cash, no taxes

3. Suburban warehouse, low rent: $8 plus taxes (Cdn. funds). This is where I buy my bags and boxes.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, MattTheDuck said:

So have your friends who quit these jobs in retail and restaurants found the "greener grass?"  What are they doing now for work?  One of the great unanswered questions of the pandemic is, "How are the millions who have stopped working paying for food?"  

Its not too hard to figure out. 

Convincing young people they should be able to live comfortably on one  - full time - retail/restaurant job isnt do them any favors.

It's just not possible, never was. 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, lostboys said:

Its not too hard to figure out. 

Convincing young people they should be able to live comfortably on one  - full time - retail/restaurant job isnt do them any favors.

It's just not possible, never was. 

Well, I know I couldn't have just up and quit my job when I was 35.  We had two small kids and would have all starved to death.  But you don't see any reporting on what all these people are actually living on once they've quit and have no income. I'd like to know the answer to this.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Well, I know I couldn't have just up and quit my job when I was 35.  We had two small kids and would have all starved to death.  But you don't see any reporting on what all these people are actually living on once they've quit and have no income. I'd like to know the answer to this.

Flipping Pokémon cards. 

On 12/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I never said my friends quit.  
They've toughed through it. 
The ones that own businesses lost employees when their restaurant had to temporarily close or reduce hours.  These people that were suddenly without a job obviously had to "pay for food" so they found other jobs instead of waiting around for their old job to open.  Now those restaurants are short-staffed.  Make sense?  (I'm not being snarky)  

I do know of others that decided to go to school for other things instead of trudging through a job they felt stuck in.  The pandemic gave them the kick in the pants they needed to pursue "greener grass," and with virtual classes via the computer (higher education was able to somewhat smoothly transition to the new environment) it wasn't difficult.  People didn't even need to leave their house to earn a degree from a reputable place.  

But this something of a digression from the OP, and I don't want this to veer into the "no politics on the boards" territory - though I think we've managed to avoid that pitfall.  

On 12/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, djzombi said:

I never said my friends quit.  
They've toughed through it. 
The ones that own businesses lost employees when their restaurant had to temporarily close or reduce hours.  These people that were suddenly without a job obviously had to "pay for food" so they found other jobs instead of waiting around for their old job to open.  Now those restaurants are short-staffed.  Make sense?  (I'm not being snarky)  

I do know of others that decided to go to school for other things instead of trudging through a job they felt stuck in.  The pandemic gave them the kick in the pants they needed to pursue "greener grass," and with virtual classes via the computer (higher education was able to somewhat smoothly transition to the new environment) it wasn't difficult.  People didn't even need to leave their house to earn a degree from a reputable place.  

But this something of a digression from the OP, and I don't want this to veer into the "no politics on the boards" territory - though I think we've managed to avoid that pitfall.  

I don't want to get sideways either, but I don't get the impression (as I noted) that people are actually quitting to go work somewhere else.  Millions clearly aren't or there wouldn't be so many open jobs.  Getting a degree is great and I'm glad to hear people are upgrading their skills, which is the key to upward mobility.  But school costs money - where did that and the other expenses of living come from if you've quit your job to go to school?  It's just puzzling me, and I thought you might have some answers based on your initial post.  I'm happy to drop the subject in this thread.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:36 AM, sevans1979 said:

For some oddball reason I like the comicare 3 mil polyethylene silver age bags. I know they are a bit cloudy but with a certain size board they fit tight and I use the silver age on all age comics. I did a google search mid pandemic and found a small toy store with a online/physical store that sold these bags and comics boxes. They where $5.99 a pack so I bought all they had (16 packs). They where out of stock for about 8 months and now they are $10 a pack on their site. I thought they would last at least a year or two but I have a problem of rebadging and boarding comics I buy with bags and boards so I’m down to about three packs. 

I like Comicare 3mill as well they allow the comics a little more room. I buy them whenever I get them. If I could find a seller that
carries them consistently I would just buy from them.