• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel spotlight 5 top label missing.

5 posts in this topic

Hello!!
Just bought my grail, Marvel Spotlight 5, in an old cgc case (2005)in a 4.5.
The case IS that the top label IS missing.
The Seller IS a store, and they can do a full refund( the book was a deal). Or reslabb the book for me, for free.
My questions are...IS It normal that the old cases loose the top labels?
Would you get a refund or just reslabb the book?
Or just get the cost of reslabb as a refund or store credit?

For last, can CGC send a top label? Since in these old cases, that label goes on the outside?

Thank you very much!!

received_572307907337841.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  We used to have separate top labels that were attached to the outside of the holder.  We have since changed that so now everything is inside the holder and those can't come off any longer.  Unfortunately, we cannot send you just the top label sticker.  The book would need to be reholdered. We are sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 11/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, Flip1987 said:

Hello!!
Just bought my grail, Marvel Spotlight 5, in an old cgc case (2005)in a 4.5.
The case IS that the top label IS missing.
The Seller IS a store, and they can do a full refund( the book was a deal). Or reslabb the book for me, for free.
My questions are...IS It normal that the old cases loose the top labels?
Would you get a refund or just reslabb the book?
Or just get the cost of reslabb as a refund or store credit?

For last, can CGC send a top label? Since in these old cases, that label goes on the outside?

Thank you very much!!

received_572307907337841.jpeg

Wouldn't hurt to have one of the newer cases but they do tend to fall off on those older cases. I myself, wouldn't sweat it. 

From 1999-2016 CGC  had the top label on outside of the slab. After 10-15 years depending on humidity storage levels most start to detach.  To re-attach labels I recommend Best-Test Paper Cement. After it it is dry simply wipe away the excess.

Best-Test Paper Cement will not shrink or wrinkle paper when adhering and it dries quickly and clear. Acid-free, easy to apply and clean up

https://www.guirys.com/media/catalog/product/cache/c740186086f08b7e8ff041980c6b80e8/b/e/best-test-white-rubber-paper-cement-with-brush-4oz1.jpg

Edited by MAR1979