• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #48 "The Coming of Galactus!"
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Hello!  It has been a while since my last post but life takes you in different directions sometimes...Wanted to share this and get some grade ideas.  From what I see:

1.  Chunk out of lower right cover and at Watcher's foot

2.  A lot of wear on front spine and along top

3. Back cover is good

4. Staples are loose but pages/cover are not detached.  I took close ups of staples.  At some point someone taped them both.  I cut as much as I could off (there was about an inch long piece on each.

5.  Book has been dry cleaned and pressed as best as possible.  I don't want to attempt any wet cleaning due to the condition of the paper stock.

Please share your thoughts on the issue and grade.  Would it be a CGC candidate?  I was thinking of selling it as is.  Thanks all!

FF48.jpg

ff481.jpg

FF482.jpg

ff483.jpg

FF484.jpg

FF485.jpg

FF486.jpg

FF487.jpg

On 11/18/2021 at 5:23 PM, Point Five said:

Presents decently, but a number of significant flaws (staple areas + tape, staining bottom of back cover, cover creasing etc). I'd guess somewhere in the 1.8/2.0 range.

This

A great lower grade copy but yick those rusty staples are hard to see...