• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your "Artist Oddly Positioned A Body Part" Here!
2 2

277 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 1:27 PM, Randall Ries said:

Not only the too short right (our left) leg, but what is going on with his back? Is he a hunch?

0.png

I've always been so busy mocking this cover for its crimes against physics, I never noticed the anatomical travesty. That's what they mean by "win/win", right?

On 11/19/2021 at 2:42 PM, Qalyar said:

I've always been so busy mocking this cover for its crimes against physics, I never noticed the anatomical travesty. That's what they mean by "win/win", right?

Yep. I never noticed the hunch until I bought a copy. Now I can't stop staring at it. At least I was always under the impression his arms were bound in chains as well. Never thought he was taking a deep breath. All the other tribute covers seem to indicate he was bound like Houdini.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:54 AM, Randall Ries said:

Yep. I never noticed the hunch until I bought a copy. Now I can't stop staring at it. At least I was always under the impression his arms were bound in chains as well. Never thought he was taking a deep breath. All the other tribute covers seem to indicate he was bound like Houdini.

Bring out the gimp!

Screenshot 2021-11-19 11.54.55 AM.png

On 11/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Randall Ries said:

My problem was never whether he broke the chains with his arms or through ridiculous power breathing. It's that chains don't break that way. They break at the weakest link, not explode into shrapnel. I know, I know, Superman's been breaking chains that way since he was created, but it's still dumb.

Not as dumb as his Superhunch, though.

Still, I think Spiderman draws the short stick on anatomy more often than ol' Supes does. Go ahead, find recognizable body parts in this one, I dare you. I'm not a big fan of Francisco Herrera in general, but he knows better than this...

image.png.9995a5e50220d913fd0bfda6f166c2e0.png

On 11/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, Qalyar said:

My problem was never whether he broke the chains with his arms or through ridiculous power breathing. It's that chains don't break that way. They break at the weakest link, not explode into shrapnel. I know, I know, Superman's been breaking chains that way since he was created, but it's still dumb.

Still, I think Spiderman draws the short stick on anatomy more often than ol' Supes does. Go ahead, find recognizable body parts in this one, I dare you. I'm not a big fan of Francisco Herrera in general, but he knows better than this...

Uhhh....Ok. Let's see. Oh! I see a shoulder. And an elongated neck but Elvis Presley had one of those. And a head. Sort of. Like the end of a Gee Spot toy sorta.

Like Kelley Jones art almost. An entire thread could be devoted just for busting his .

On 11/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, Randall Ries said:

Uhhh....Ok. Let's see. Oh! I see a shoulder. And an elongated neck but Elvis Presley had one of those. And a head. Sort of. Like the end of a Gee Spot toy sorta.

Like Kelley Jones art almost. An entire thread could be devoted just for busting his .

Of course, that shoulder appears to be attached to the middle of Spidey's pec, so I think we can only award partial credit there.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Qalyar said:

Of course, that shoulder appears to be attached to the middle of Spidey's pec, so I think we can only award partial credit there.

Haha! Fair enough. I just got around to seeing his Donald Duck feet. I think I have damaged the vision in my left eye trying to sort that picture.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, Qalyar said:

Oh Don't get me started on Ramos!

Why do they hire him?

On 11/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, Qalyar said:

exactly.  I do this thing where I take a small piece of paper, make two cuts almost to the edge-like 1/2 mm- and tell students i will give anyone $20 that can pull it apart into 3 pieces with one pull.  It is flat out impossible.  likewise but even more so with chains.  Lot of frustrated students tho.