• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering from other grading companies

9 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, yaboypat said:

Can I send in my comic that was graded and slabbed by CBCS and send it into CGC and have them reholder it and honor the grade? Or will they have to re-grade it as well?

They will not honor the grade.

CGC will have to "re-grade" it themselves. (Grade could go up, down, or remain the same)

I just did my first ever cross grade.

It was a cbcs 9.8 Killing Joke and it came back a CGC 9.8.

I know everyone says it gets graded blind, meaning the grader doesnt know its a cross grade and doesnt know the previous grade but I have my doubts.

I wouldnt try to make a living off of cross grading books but im 1 for 1.

Question to anyone with experience doing this...

I just bought a CBCS book but I am going to get it in a CGC case. Is it better to crack it myself and then submit it, or just submit it in the CBCS case? I guess my worry is they may damage the book on the transfer (but then again that's the risk with a reholder anyway with a CGC case).

Anyone have any advice?

On 12/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, graffix13 said:

Question to anyone with experience doing this...

I just bought a CBCS book but I am going to get it in a CGC case. Is it better to crack it myself and then submit it, or just submit it in the CBCS case? I guess my worry is they may damage the book on the transfer (but then again that's the risk with a reholder anyway with a CGC case).

Anyone have any advice?

I would leave cracking the book to the experienced hands at CGC.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, lostboys said:

I just did my first ever cross grade.

It was a cbcs 9.8 Killing Joke and it came back a CGC 9.8.

I know everyone says it gets graded blind, meaning the grader doesnt know its a cross grade and doesnt know the previous grade but I have my doubts.

I wouldnt try to make a living off of cross grading books but im 1 for 1.

How much more will the new slab bring, and how long did it take ?

On 12/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, shadroch said:

How much more will the new slab bring, and how long did it take ?

I paid a little more than $100 for it in the cbcs slab. I haven't checked recent sales in a while but I'm guessing a cgc 9.8 would fetch around $250. It took a looooooong time to get it back. 7 months or so.