• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever Wonder Where Your eBay Items (Even comics) go if They are Seized / Lost at the Border?   Allow Me to Introduce You to eBay User "8Ten1944"
1 1

48 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2021 at 11:33 PM, Shrevvy said:

Curious if they also listed it at your sales price? The few listings I clicked on were BIN without a "make an offer" option. 

On 11/22/2021 at 5:34 AM, Buzzetta said:

I sold it for $58 + priority shipping at small flat rate pricing. 

They currently have it up at $70 with free shipping. 

The markup between the difference in shipping is negligible if purchased at anywhere close to what I paid if they keep all of that inventory on hand.  It would only make sense if they had the opportunity to purchase it at cents on the dollar in giant lots. 

What was surprising was the turnaround.  They received and listed this item in around a month. 

Just a follow up to this.  Since I am watching the original item, the price has been publicly lowered to $66.50 and I was sent a private offer by the seller to buy it now at $63.50 both times including free shipping.

They are definitely buying things at a much lower price than the original buyer paid in order to make money off of this. 

Bought something using the GSP a week ago, package stuck in Toronto customs for 4 business days now (6 altogether)

Paid 53 dollars for customs, so kind of curious why it has to sit there for so long when the paperwork is fast tracked paid for 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, The Meta said:

Bought something using the GSP a week ago, package stuck in Toronto customs for 4 business days now (6 altogether)

Paid 53 dollars for customs, so kind of curious why it has to sit there for so long when the paperwork is fast tracked paid for 

About 6 weeks ago I bought something from ebay - super rare item - very niche.  I got it at a price I was happy with knowing that I would probably not find replacement again at that price (if it all) for a very long time.  It was shipped to Ottawa and sat in their warehouse - I badly wanted the seller to help me out to get it delivered to my house, but instead ebay immediately refunded my purchase when I initiated the case.  They made no attempt to track it down, either it was stolen or lost forever......  :sorry:

On 12/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, spreads said:

About 6 weeks ago I bought something from ebay - super rare item - very niche.  I got it at a price I was happy with knowing that I would probably not find replacement again at that price (if it all) for a very long time.  It was shipped to Ottawa and sat in their warehouse - I badly wanted the seller to help me out to get it delivered to my house, but instead ebay immediately refunded my purchase when I initiated the case.  They made no attempt to track it down, either it was stolen or lost forever......  :sorry:

That's pretty galling to have bought something special that's now possibly lost to the collecting community altogether. I'm glad you were refunded but the seller is spitting chips right now. Slightly off topic, but I remember buying some great GI Joe (12inch) bits from a US seller on the Bay and when they didn't arrive he refunded me. We kept in touch as I bought from him regularly, and eventually maybe 2 months down the line, he got the parcel returned to him. The address label had come off. So at least he knew I wasn't trying to rip him off. 

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 12/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, spreads said:

That is absolutely brutal 

The seller wasn't out of pocket, he didn't seem to care in the slightest.....I just can't believe this GSP program, which is supposed to be foolproof, can't locate a package with shipping confirmation time & date stamped.  No effort to send to someone, hey is there a package that didn't go out to its destination?  They're rather just immediately eat the loss.