• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
6 6

206 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 11:58 PM, jdandns said:

If just 1, I'll go with Superman Vs. Ali.

(Runnerups would be the first issues Dark Mansion & Sinister House, closely followed by Star Wars #1)

aliT2.JPG

I love your choice. I hope you don't mind if I contribute an additional image. 

144D78D1-53BF-493E-93E8-494CBEF32C7B.jpeg

On 11/24/2021 at 1:06 PM, drbanner said:

No surprise from me! Over time my fave gold, silver, and bronze age covers have varied but one constant characteristic has developed - no distractin text boxes, dialogue, etc. 

71922C01-6AEF-495B-89AC-64ABEE780494.jpeg.ba8c9bf8a2141949ba79280fef83a5ea.jpeg

Amen!!  I feel like there ought to be an entire thread about covers that let the art speak for itself.  There aren't very many examples in the Silver Age (I'm thinking of Silver Surfer #4) but starting in the Bronze Age, they became a bit more common and they tend to be my favorites.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:15 PM, october said:

HOS 88, HOM 205 and Sinister House of Secret Love 3 are all up there. 

It's a tossup between Batman 227 and this one, but HOS 92 is my favorite today. It may be my favorite first appearance cover from any age. 

001 (433).jpg

I've never read this book ... is the girl on the cover a named character in the story?  If so, does she figure into the Swamp Thing's origin, and does she appear in later stories?

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 11/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, bronze johnny said:

Great books but did you read the point of this thread? The exercise here is for you to make a decision after seriously assessing your Bronze Age covers. All of us here have many favorites and can post them but there can only be one book- remember the film Highlander? If you can’t choose one book then don’t post any. Only one book. Can you please pick one from the great set you posted to follow the thread’s goal? Thanks (thumbsu

Herbert, you are stiff!! :) 

On 11/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, fett said:

Herbert, you are stiff!! :) 

Try and avoid making something personal when you’re asked to comply with the rules of this thread like everyone else here is. You can always start your own thread and post as many covers as you’d like. Let me again suggest you pick one cover from the beauties you posted.(thumbsu

On 11/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't think the rules said you have to actually own the book, if you wanted to venture outside your personal collection...

Lou, Signor Parker rarely ventures this far north into the Bronze Age. He’s a stranger in these neck of the woods. We need to edumacate him about how things work around here!